The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2016 of 7,809 consumers age 18-64 from Australia, Brazil, France, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States who use Facebook and/or Instagram at least weekly.
The primary appeal of Facebook is to connect with family and friends, the analysis found.
On Instagram people connect with people they know as well, but but they also often use the network to follow celebrities, influencers, brands, and humor accounts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels