The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2016 of 7,809 consumers age 18-64 from Australia, Brazil, France, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States who use Facebook and/or Instagram at least weekly.
The primary appeal of Facebook is to connect with family and friends, the analysis found.
On Instagram people connect with people they know as well, but but they also often use the network to follow celebrities, influencers, brands, and humor accounts.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencer Partnerships: How to Navigate Influencer Usage Rights and Repurpose Content
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]