The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
Less than 20% of Marketing respondents say Sales follows up on 95%+ of the leads delivered by Marketing.
However, Sales respondents say they are doing a much better job.
Some 50% of salespeople surveyed say 95%+ of the leads they receive from Marketing are followed up on.
When it comes to Marketing supporting Sales efforts, B2B marketers are pretty hard on themselves.
Just 20% of marketers fully agree that they do a superb job of supporting Sales, whereas 51% of salespeople fully agree that Marketing does a superb supporting Sales.
Some 58% of B2B salespeople say they are rewarded for supporting their company's marketing efforts, whereas only 18% of B2B marketers say their Sales team is rewarded for supporting Marketing.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 123 marketers and salespeople who work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Close a Sale: 12 Tips for Success [Infographic]
- Buyers Leave Your Clients. Find Them and Sell to Them Again.
- A Guide to Effectively Qualifying B2B Leads [Infographic]
- Three Account-Based Tools That B2B Companies Need Now to Lift Revenues
- How B2B Leaders Can Improve Lead Generation in Their Organizations