Fully 90% of B2B marketers already engage in some sort of content marketing---whether they know it or not.
Content marketing is as simple as it sounds. It means providing high-quality content for users, partners, followers, and consumers to increase participation, sales, and loyalty.
The magic behind content marketing is straightforward. Instead of infusing email with self-promotion and bombarding customers and potential clients with brand ideology, we tell stories—in a very broad sense of the word. We evoke an emotional response, we entertain, and we teach. We become trusted storytellers and educators.
ExploreB2B, a social platform for B2B communication, has seen content marketing come to life as articles that users write become the means by which those writers are discovered and recognized as industry experts.
For B2B professionals, content marketing has an added benefit. In a workforce where specialization is vital, content marketing allows B2Bs to connect with their target audience even while establishing their expertise.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations
- Optimize Content Strategy With Insights From a New Study: NetLine's David Fortino on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building