The amount of content videos and video ads viewed in 2012 reached record-breaking numbers, according to a recent SundaySky report.
Take a look at these jaw-dropping stats:
- 456.6 million content videos were watched.
- 105.4 billion video ads were viewed.
- 182 million users were watching videos.
Factors in video's soaring popularity in 2012 may have included the London Olympic games (159 million videos were streamed) and the 2012 US presidential campaigns (which spent a combined $78 million on video ads).
Videos, however, aren't just for newsworthy events such as the Olympics and presidential campaigns. Videos that are personally relevant also matter to viewers: Viewers spent 2.5 times more time watching personally relevant short-form videos than other videos, and emails that contain personally relevant videos boast a 40%-60% open rate.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]