The amount of content videos and video ads viewed in 2012 reached record-breaking numbers, according to a recent SundaySky report.
Take a look at these jaw-dropping stats:
- 456.6 million content videos were watched.
- 105.4 billion video ads were viewed.
- 182 million users were watching videos.
Factors in video's soaring popularity in 2012 may have included the London Olympic games (159 million videos were streamed) and the 2012 US presidential campaigns (which spent a combined $78 million on video ads).
Videos, however, aren't just for newsworthy events such as the Olympics and presidential campaigns. Videos that are personally relevant also matter to viewers: Viewers spent 2.5 times more time watching personally relevant short-form videos than other videos, and emails that contain personally relevant videos boast a 40%-60% open rate.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Structure Your Content for Organic Google Rankings: A Proven Process
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)