The amount of content videos and video ads viewed in 2012 reached record-breaking numbers, according to a recent SundaySky report.
Take a look at these jaw-dropping stats:
- 456.6 million content videos were watched.
- 105.4 billion video ads were viewed.
- 182 million users were watching videos.
Factors in video's soaring popularity in 2012 may have included the London Olympic games (159 million videos were streamed) and the 2012 US presidential campaigns (which spent a combined $78 million on video ads).
Videos, however, aren't just for newsworthy events such as the Olympics and presidential campaigns. Videos that are personally relevant also matter to viewers: Viewers spent 2.5 times more time watching personally relevant short-form videos than other videos, and emails that contain personally relevant videos boast a 40%-60% open rate.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Requesting Rights to User-Generated Content: A Guide for Travel Brands (and Others) [Infographic]
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories Ads, and How to Do It
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content
- The Biggest Deficiencies of B2B Content Marketing Programs
- Six Reasons It's Time for Brands to Replace Stock Photos With User-Generated Content