New keyword research from WordStream (my company) suggests that buffalo chicken dip—apparently a dip made to taste like buffalo chicken wings—owes virtually its entire existence to Super Bowl Sunday and the NFL season.
We conducted extensive research into the seasonality and trends of keyword searches on Google corresponding to chicken wings and hundreds of other popular Super Bowl snacks, including the following: guacamole, chili, nachos, pulled pork, pigs in a blanket, doritos, and seven layer dip.
The study found a near perfect correlation between the demand for chicken wings and buffalo chicken dip with the NFL season.
For the last nine consecutive years, search volume for buffalo chicken dip increased significantly in September (which corresponds to the start of the NFL season), then peaked in December (corresponding to end of the regular season), and peaked again in February, corresponding to the Super Bowl:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Site Speed Is Key for SEO in 2019 (and Beyond)
- Local Business Links and Reputation: Competitive Difference-Makers in SEO
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing