Today (Feb. 6, 2013) Google announced some major upcoming changes that will make mobile ad campaign management exponentially simpler in AdWords. The new "Enhanced Campaigns" will be available as an upgrade by late February and become the default for all campaigns by June or so.
In this article, I'll explain what Enhanced Campaigns are all about and what you need to know. These changes will have particular impact on small and midsize business (SMB) advertisers.
What Are Enhanced Campaigns?
Previously, the best-practice for paid search on mobile was to create separate campaigns targeting different devices. The problem? A lot of extra work and campaign management complexity for advertisers. So much so, that the vast majority of advertisers didn't bother—especially at SMBs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Tips for Online Listings That Grab Attention and Generate Sales [Infographic]
- The Ins and Outs of Amazon Advertising (And Why You Should Try It): Timothy Seward on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Amazon for Brands: Top 5 Problems and How to Overcome Them
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]