"An internet meme is a piece of content or an idea that's passed from person to person, changing and evolving along the way," according to the Know Your Meme website.
Have you seen such a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme.
Like a viral video, an Internet meme happens unpredictably. You can't create an Internet meme on purpose; you can only assemble the pieces and see whether your idea goes viral.
After all, people's reactions to images and ideas can be unpredictable. (Who would have thought an Olympic medal-winning gymnast would inspire a snarky meme?)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]
- Seven Ways to Build a Loyal Customer Base With Content Marketing
- The Content Characteristics of High-Performing Blog Posts