"An internet meme is a piece of content or an idea that's passed from person to person, changing and evolving along the way," according to the Know Your Meme website.
Have you seen such a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme.
Like a viral video, an Internet meme happens unpredictably. You can't create an Internet meme on purpose; you can only assemble the pieces and see whether your idea goes viral.
After all, people's reactions to images and ideas can be unpredictable. (Who would have thought an Olympic medal-winning gymnast would inspire a snarky meme?)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- An Easy Three-Step Headline Formula That Grabs Customer Attention in Just Five Minutes (With Examples)
- Underrated Link-Building Tactics That Work Surprisingly Well [Infographic]
- The State of Webinars: Length, Engagement, and Feature Trends [Infographic]
- Win at B2B Content by Finding Your Brand Voice: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Passive-Aggressive Popups and Other Acts of Marketing Self-Sabotage