"An internet meme is a piece of content or an idea that's passed from person to person, changing and evolving along the way," according to the Know Your Meme website.
Have you seen such a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme.
Like a viral video, an Internet meme happens unpredictably. You can't create an Internet meme on purpose; you can only assemble the pieces and see whether your idea goes viral.
After all, people's reactions to images and ideas can be unpredictable. (Who would have thought an Olympic medal-winning gymnast would inspire a snarky meme?)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Structure Your Content for Organic Google Rankings: A Proven Process
- The Top Content Marketing-Related Search Queries and Hashtags
- Five Content Marketing Myths Debunked
- Four Human Writing Tips That Will Make Search Bots Smile
- Having One Marketing Writer Can Be Ideal (And What to Do If That Person Leaves)