Research shows that all the talk about the importance of content marketing isn't just talk. Some 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing, and more than two-thirds of CMOs plan to increase their content marketing budget in 2013.
Why is content marketing so important? The top three reasons that companies use content marketing are to engage customers/prospects (82%); drive sales (55%); and educate the market (44%).
To achieve those objectives as well as to build thought leadership, increase Web traffic, achieve SEO, and stay up to date with competitors, companies are using the following tactics:
1. Social media (87%)
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Eight Ways Your Content Marketing Might Be Sabotaging Your SEO