Gone are the days when social media was a curious little sandbox marketers would play in when time allowed. Today, social media is every bit as integral to your online marketing initiatives as your website.
Companies that have staffed up and stepped up to make social media marketing a meaningful element of the brand experience are seizing advantages that megadollars can't buy.
They're refraining from using megaphones to shout out messages, and they're done trying to dictate the destiny of their public relations with press releases.
They're doing exactly what has to be done to create kinship with the customer. They're letting the customer lead.
It's new turf. No rulebook has all the answers. And defining what it takes to be great is no easy feat.
However, we thought we'd try. We took a good hard look at some of today's best and came up with 10 super powers we believe the caped crusader of social media marketing could claim.
To learn more about them, check out the following infographic designed by Seth Price of Placester for Feldman Creative and MarketingProfs, based in part on "Meet the World's Greatest Social Media Marketer."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing