Chief marketing officers (CMOs) agree that successful brands use customer data to drive marketing decisions; moreover, 87% of marketers report that "capturing and sharing the right data is critical for measuring ROI effectively," reports Monetate via an infographic.
Unfortunately, however, many marketers struggle to use data well.
Some 45% of companies aren't using data to personalize their marketing communications, and 42% aren't able to link data to an individual customer, according to the data cited by Monetate.
Among the reasons that marketers don't use data: lack of training (32%), lack of budget or resources (32%), wrong organizational structure (14%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Metrics That Matter to the Bottom Line
- How Content Intelligence Can Empower Your Business [Infographic]
- Data-Driven Marketing: How (and Why) to Move From Siloed Reporting to Data Ownership
- How to Use Your Marketing Analytics Smartly