Chief marketing officers (CMOs) agree that successful brands use customer data to drive marketing decisions; moreover, 87% of marketers report that "capturing and sharing the right data is critical for measuring ROI effectively," reports Monetate via an infographic.
Unfortunately, however, many marketers struggle to use data well.
Some 45% of companies aren't using data to personalize their marketing communications, and 42% aren't able to link data to an individual customer, according to the data cited by Monetate.
Among the reasons that marketers don't use data: lack of training (32%), lack of budget or resources (32%), wrong organizational structure (14%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Moving Beyond Metrics: Being Truly Data-Driven
- Marketing Analytics: Better Questions = Better ROI
- 10 of the Best Marketing Analytics Tools to Try in 2020
- How Retailers Should Approach AI and Big Data During Holiday Seasons
- How to Become a Data-Driven Company (Without a Data Scientist): Linda Schumacher on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]