Despite advances in data, analytics, and technology, only 26% of marketers are capable of determining their impact on their business, according to the latest joint VisionEdge Marketing (VEM) and ITSMA Marketing Performance Management (MPM) Survey.
The 13th Annual MPM Survey, launched by VEM in 2001, captured input from 380 respondents. The research findings provide insights on Marketing's performance measurement and management challenges and best-practices.
Making the Grade
A key component of the annual study is the number of marketers earning an "A" grade from the C-suite for their ability to measure and report marketers' value to the business. What separates "A" marketers from the rest of the pack? In particular, "A" marketers...
- Make performance management a priority
- Have a well-defined and documented road map for continuous performance improvement
- Select metrics that measure business outcomes rather than effort and activity
- Build dashboards that effectively communicate business outcomes and marketing results
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Forget ROAS, It's All About ROMI Now
- A Better Way to Gauge Sales Lift: Closed-Loop Measurement
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Metrics That Matter to the Bottom Line
- How Content Intelligence Can Empower Your Business [Infographic]