As search marketing's importance increases, more companies need to create room in their budget for search marketing. But are they doing so?
The following infographic, based on the State of Search report produced by Econsultancy in association with SEMPO, highlights key statistics about budget trends in search marketing from 2012 to today.
One finding is that 54% of responding companies spent less than $1 million per annum on digital marketing in 2014. (By contrast, 4% of companies spent more than $100 million.)
"Nearly half of digital marketing budgets are spent on search, with 31% on paid search and 18% on SEO," according to the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying Attention?
- Top 4 Impactful SEO Trends Today
- Don't Let Your CMS Migration Go South: SEO and Related Considerations