As search marketing's importance increases, more companies need to create room in their budget for search marketing. But are they doing so?
The following infographic, based on the State of Search report produced by Econsultancy in association with SEMPO, highlights key statistics about budget trends in search marketing from 2012 to today.
One finding is that 54% of responding companies spent less than $1 million per annum on digital marketing in 2014. (By contrast, 4% of companies spent more than $100 million.)
"Nearly half of digital marketing budgets are spent on search, with 31% on paid search and 18% on SEO," according to the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Google My Business: Set Up and Optimize Your Profile [Infographic]
- SEO Isn't an Exact Science... Here's What Marketers Can Do About That
- The Ultimate SEO Checklist [Infographic]