What are the most important skills that a marketer needs?
The following infographic by Formstack highlights seven skills that companies expect from their marketers.
The ability to understand data ranks high on the list. "Research predicts a shortfall of up to 1.5 million data-savvy managers by 2018," Formstack states.
Technical skills, such as basic coding or video production, also make a job applicant more desirable. "Two of four new marketing hires will require technical skills," according to Formstack.
Knowing how to get along with others ("soft skills") also can help a job applicant get hired. Being able to communicate well and to be flexible is crucial to being an excellent colleague.
Want to know more about what companies want in marketers? Check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Where the Ninjas Are: US Cities With the Weirdest Job Titles [Infographic]
- Working Brilliantly From Home: Push Mind and Body's Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]