Content marketing is all the rage, but it has a dark side that businesses must acknowledge.
One horrifying fact: Though 27 million pieces of content are shared daily and 86% of B2B organizations use content marketing, only 21% of marketers think they're successful at measuring the ROI of their content, according to studies that Scripted cites in the following infographic.
Worse still, 48% of marketers don't have a documented content marketing strategy.
And worst of all, that lack of vision affects how consumers feel about those companies: "74% of online consumers get frustrated with websites when their content appears irrelevant to them," states Scripted.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z