'Tis the season for best-ofs and top-tens. We've got Facebook's Year in Review (plus the skinny on its new “Google-killing” search feature), trends for 2015, Instagram's challenge to Twitter in the usership arms race, and the 10 most-shared video ads of 2014. Skim for some holiday cheer.
The world just can't get enough of Minions. Topping this week's Viral Video Charts is a holiday message from AMC Theatres, which used the Minions, beloved characters from Despicable Me, to punt free popcorn when you buy a $30 gift card. Just in time: the holiday season is when families hit the cinema more often than couples do. And at nearly 4 million shares on this Facebook post, looks like AMC knows it. Time to go to the movies?
The 10 most-shared video ads of 2014. The built-in optimism and competitiveness surrounding sports are always an easy bet: Unruly finds that Activia's World Cup-themed "La La La", featuring Shakira, was the most-shared video of the year, with nearly 6 million on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs since its May launch—meaning it's also the most-shared video of all time. To think that a digestion-aiding yogurt managed to seize that title! Also, the speed of sharing doubled, with 42% of shares happening in the first three days of a campaign launch on average, up from 25% in 2013.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]