Get a sense of the scope of Mary Meeker's much-anticipated yearly State of the Internet. Learn how improved Twitter Analytics will help you better target buyers. We'll also share which social networks are most effective for marketing, and we'll surprise you with music that can be listened to only in the woods. Skim for the latest!
Unlike the universe, Internet growth won't expand forever. Venture capitalist Mary Meeker of KPCB dropped her always-anticipated Internet trends report, a must-read to understand where we're headed digitally.
Big takeaways: Internet user growth has begun to slow. It grew 8% in 2014, versus 10% the year before. Smartphone adoption is also slowing: 23% growth last year versus 27% the year prior. Video made up 64% of Internet traffic and 55% of mobile traffic in '14, which is huge—and Facebook specifically enjoys 4 billion video views per day.
Mobile viewing on its own accounts for 29% of our total time spent on screens this year, and Meeker predicts that messaging apps, like WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Facebook Messenger, will transform into global communication hubs. Read the full deck:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]