The 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report was based on data from a survey of 3,720 marketers; 61% of survey participants focus primarily on attracting consumers (B2C), and the other 39% primarily target businesses (B2B).
Some 21% of respondents say LinkedIn is the most important social network they use to grow and market their business; Twitter ranks third (12%), followed by YouTube (4%) and Google+ (4%).
Though Facebook is considered the most important social network overall, LinkedIn takes the top spot with B2B marketers: 41% say it is the most important network they use (30% pick Facebook).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most-Used Social Networks
Facebook is the social network most used by marketers, with 93% of respondents saying they use it to grow their business; Twitter is second (73%), followed by LinkedIn (71%).
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Respondents say two of the top benefits of social media marketing are increased exposure (90% cite) and increased traffic (77%).
Some 68% of respondents say they want to improve their knowledge of how to use Facebook; 62% want to learn more about how to use LinkedIn.
About the research: The 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report was based on data from a survey of 3,720 marketers.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Social Media Style Guide in Five Steps
- The Magical Combination of B2B Marketing and Instagram: Jenn Herman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Where Influencers Wield the Most Influence [Infographic]
- Four B2B Event Marketing Takeaways From TikTok