Combine people's love of visuals and stories to multiply your content's reach and conversion, suggests Widen in the following infographic.
Social media posts with visuals deliver 180% greater engagement, and articles that contain images get 94% more views than articles without them, according to data cited by Widen.
To add more visuals, think beyond straight-up stock photos. Consider using infographics, memes, videos, standalone images, slide shows, and user-generated photos.
For example, "give your audience a behind-the-scenes peek," recommends Widen. "No need to be polished. Authenticity trumps perfect (i.e., 'unnatural') shots."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z
- How to Create the Right Amount of the Right Type of Content
- Storytelling, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience... and You: Contently's Joe Lazauskas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Perfect Pitch Is Possible With Presentation Management