What are the ideal word counts for your social media posts and blog articles? Here's a look at the different ideal content lengths according to an Express Writers infographic.
Twitter has a 140-character limit, but the ideal tweet is just 100 words. "Tweets that are 100 characters or shorter enjoy 17% more engagement than longer tweets," states the infographic.
"So-called 'medium-length' tweets (between 71-100 characters) are re-tweeted more often than large (101 characters or longer) or small (41-71 character) tweets."
Moreover, Facebook may seem like a long-form content platform, but the ideal Facebook post is just 40 characters (or fewer). "Facebook posts with 40 characters earn 86% more engagement than longer posts," according to the infographic, and "the second-best length of a Facebook post is 80 characters or fewer. These posts receive 66% more engagement than longer posts."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]
- Seven Ways to Build a Loyal Customer Base With Content Marketing
- The Content Characteristics of High-Performing Blog Posts