What are the ideal word counts for your social media posts and blog articles? Here's a look at the different ideal content lengths according to an Express Writers infographic.
Twitter has a 140-character limit, but the ideal tweet is just 100 words. "Tweets that are 100 characters or shorter enjoy 17% more engagement than longer tweets," states the infographic.
"So-called 'medium-length' tweets (between 71-100 characters) are re-tweeted more often than large (101 characters or longer) or small (41-71 character) tweets."
Moreover, Facebook may seem like a long-form content platform, but the ideal Facebook post is just 40 characters (or fewer). "Facebook posts with 40 characters earn 86% more engagement than longer posts," according to the infographic, and "the second-best length of a Facebook post is 80 characters or fewer. These posts receive 66% more engagement than longer posts."
To find out more about the right content length for various social platforms, tap or click the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)