What are the ideal word counts for your social media posts and blog articles? Here's a look at the different ideal content lengths according to an Express Writers infographic.
Twitter has a 140-character limit, but the ideal tweet is just 100 words. "Tweets that are 100 characters or shorter enjoy 17% more engagement than longer tweets," states the infographic.
"So-called 'medium-length' tweets (between 71-100 characters) are re-tweeted more often than large (101 characters or longer) or small (41-71 character) tweets."
Moreover, Facebook may seem like a long-form content platform, but the ideal Facebook post is just 40 characters (or fewer). "Facebook posts with 40 characters earn 86% more engagement than longer posts," according to the infographic, and "the second-best length of a Facebook post is 80 characters or fewer. These posts receive 66% more engagement than longer posts."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]