Most marketers get very excited about user-generated content (UGC) because it can boost brand awareness and business. But beware: Some UGC can actually damage your brand.
Here's a look at common problems in UGC, according to a Vivoom infographic.
The company analyzed more than 4,000 user-generated videos and discovered that, on average, 6.6% of user-generated videos were found (by the brands referenced in the content) to be problematic.
One big problem with UGC is "creation of content that isn't in keeping with a brand's image or campaign objectives," states Vivoom. "The biggest offenders were people age 25-34: 40% of total off-brand content came from them."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Content Marketing, Employee Advocacy, and the Future of B2B: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Tips to Take Your Marketing Presentations From Good Enough to Great
- How Agile Can Help You Balance Content Quality and Quantity
- How to Create Buyer-Focused Sales Content That Gets Traction
- Why the Future of Marketing Is Video: 40+ Statistics [Infographic]