Most marketers get very excited about user-generated content (UGC) because it can boost brand awareness and business. But beware: Some UGC can actually damage your brand.
Here's a look at common problems in UGC, according to a Vivoom infographic.
The company analyzed more than 4,000 user-generated videos and discovered that, on average, 6.6% of user-generated videos were found (by the brands referenced in the content) to be problematic.
One big problem with UGC is "creation of content that isn't in keeping with a brand's image or campaign objectives," states Vivoom. "The biggest offenders were people age 25-34: 40% of total off-brand content came from them."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z