Most marketers get very excited about user-generated content (UGC) because it can boost brand awareness and business. But beware: Some UGC can actually damage your brand.
Here's a look at common problems in UGC, according to a Vivoom infographic.
The company analyzed more than 4,000 user-generated videos and discovered that, on average, 6.6% of user-generated videos were found (by the brands referenced in the content) to be problematic.
One big problem with UGC is "creation of content that isn't in keeping with a brand's image or campaign objectives," states Vivoom. "The biggest offenders were people age 25-34: 40% of total off-brand content came from them."
Another UGC issue is inappropriate content, such as profanity, nudity, and hate speech.
To find out more, check out the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]