Most marketers get very excited about user-generated content (UGC) because it can boost brand awareness and business. But beware: Some UGC can actually damage your brand.
Here's a look at common problems in UGC, according to a Vivoom infographic.
The company analyzed more than 4,000 user-generated videos and discovered that, on average, 6.6% of user-generated videos were found (by the brands referenced in the content) to be problematic.
One big problem with UGC is "creation of content that isn't in keeping with a brand's image or campaign objectives," states Vivoom. "The biggest offenders were people age 25-34: 40% of total off-brand content came from them."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Content Marketing Operations: Five Essentials for Consistent Success
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]
- Seven Ways to Build a Loyal Customer Base With Content Marketing