If you're stressed out about giving a presentation, you're not alone. The following nine tips can help you determine the root of your anxiety and overcome it.
Is your anxiety situation-, audience, or goal-based? If it's situation-based, flip it, recommends the following Stanford Graduate School of Business (GBS) infographic.
"Since the physiological manifestations of anxiety are similar to excitement (e.g., increased heart rate), trick yourself into feeling good about presenting by seeing your physical reaction as excitement," states Stanford GBS lecturer Matt Abrahams.
Another tip is to talk over the presentation with friends. "You are not performing but conversing," suggests the infographic. "No longer will you feel there is only one right way to present."
To get more tips about overcoming anxiety about public speaking, tap or click on the infographic.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Where the Ninjas Are: US Cities With the Weirdest Job Titles [Infographic]
- Working Brilliantly From Home: Push Mind and Body's Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- CMO Compensation Trends: Female Sr. Marketers Outearn Male Sr. Marketers