If you're stressed out about giving a presentation, you're not alone. The following nine tips can help you determine the root of your anxiety and overcome it.
Is your anxiety situation-, audience, or goal-based? If it's situation-based, flip it, recommends the following Stanford Graduate School of Business (GBS) infographic.
"Since the physiological manifestations of anxiety are similar to excitement (e.g., increased heart rate), trick yourself into feeling good about presenting by seeing your physical reaction as excitement," states Stanford GBS lecturer Matt Abrahams.
Another tip is to talk over the presentation with friends. "You are not performing but conversing," suggests the infographic. "No longer will you feel there is only one right way to present."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Hiring Managers Value vs. What Job Applicants Think Matters [Infographic]
- Productivity Lessons From Bill Gates: How to Do a 'Think Week' [Infographic]
- Self-Reliance for Entrepreneurs (and Everyone Else): Author John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2020 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 2019 [Infographic]