If you're stressed out about giving a presentation, you're not alone. The following nine tips can help you determine the root of your anxiety and overcome it.
Is your anxiety situation-, audience, or goal-based? If it's situation-based, flip it, recommends the following Stanford Graduate School of Business (GBS) infographic.
"Since the physiological manifestations of anxiety are similar to excitement (e.g., increased heart rate), trick yourself into feeling good about presenting by seeing your physical reaction as excitement," states Stanford GBS lecturer Matt Abrahams.
Another tip is to talk over the presentation with friends. "You are not performing but conversing," suggests the infographic. "No longer will you feel there is only one right way to present."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Transform Your Life Through Small Changes: 'Atomic Habits' Author James Clear on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Take Calculated Risks [Infographic]
- The Most Difficult B2B Marketing Jobs to Hire For
- Live Your Best Life (And Help Your Team Do the Same): Laura Gassner Otting on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Marketing Skills in 2019