The Internet has forever changed how retail businesses operate and how consumers shop, and so retailers must keep up or risk getting left behind, according to an infographic by SMS Storetraffic.com.
For example, businesses with an online presence grow 40% faster than those without one, and yet nearly half of small businesses do not have a website, the infographic states.
Moreover, a website is not enough; businesses need to also claim freely available business listings, such as those of Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and Bing, Store Traffic points out.
Finally, in the near future, the Internet of Things (IoT) will result in the merger of the online and offline worlds to give consumers a seamless experience between the two when they're shopping, the infographic foresees.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)
- Millennials and Gen Z Are Using Social Media Less: Here's How to Earn Their Attention and Loyalty Now
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns