The Internet has forever changed how retail businesses operate and how consumers shop, and so retailers must keep up or risk getting left behind, according to an infographic by SMS Storetraffic.com.
For example, businesses with an online presence grow 40% faster than those without one, and yet nearly half of small businesses do not have a website, the infographic states.
Moreover, a website is not enough; businesses need to also claim freely available business listings, such as those of Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and Bing, Store Traffic points out.
Finally, in the near future, the Internet of Things (IoT) will result in the merger of the online and offline worlds to give consumers a seamless experience between the two when they're shopping, the infographic foresees.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Marketing Agency Attributes Clients Value Most
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B CMOs Can Do
- B2B Senior Marketer Survey: The Most Effective Approaches for 2020 [Infographic]
- What Marketers Can Do Right Now in the Age of Coronavirus: A Letter From Ann Handley
- CX in B2B Marketing: Top-of-Mind Strategy in 2020