The Internet has forever changed how retail businesses operate and how consumers shop, and so retailers must keep up or risk getting left behind, according to an infographic by SMS Storetraffic.com.
For example, businesses with an online presence grow 40% faster than those without one, and yet nearly half of small businesses do not have a website, the infographic states.
Moreover, a website is not enough; businesses need to also claim freely available business listings, such as those of Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and Bing, Store Traffic points out.
Finally, in the near future, the Internet of Things (IoT) will result in the merger of the online and offline worlds to give consumers a seamless experience between the two when they're shopping, the infographic foresees.
For more, check out the infographic, "How the Internet Revolutionized Offline Retail":
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Ways to Personalize Your Next ABM Campaign to Close More Deals
- The Biggest Challenges With Executing Account-Based Marketing Programs
- Business as Unusual: Shifting Live Events to Digital and Hybrid Experiences
- How COVID-19 Is Affecting the B2B Exhibition Industry
- 21 B2B Lead Gen Strategies to Aid Your Marketing Efforts [Infographic]