Your SEO investment is wasted if it doesn't bring the right visitors to your website and convert them into leads or sales.
Moreover, driving traffic to a poorly optimized website becomes more expensive over time; you need to constantly find more visitors to make up for declining conversion and close rates.
This year, stop wasting time and money on SEO spending, and instead turn that investment toward increasing revenue from the traffic you already have.
Here are five reasons for not investing in SEO in 2016.
1. Search engine algorithms are adapting too quickly
For years, Google and other search engines used results algorithms that relied heavily on numeric ranking factors. When a company was looking to reach the top of a keyword's results page, those factors were fairly easy to manipulate.
Now those search engines have shifted their logic away from simple numeric factors that can be "gamed" and focus on the macro goal of returning search results that searchers most likely to want to see.
For example, Google's Penguin, Panda, and Hummingbird updates, along with an increased emphasis on providing a strong user experience, have made gaming the system harder.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Local Search Factors That Matter Most
- How Voice Search Can Drive Phone Calls to Your Business [Infographic]
- How to Perform a Detailed SERP Analysis to Find Low-Difficulty Keywords
- Alexa, Revolutionize My SEO Strategy: How to Capitalize on AI-Assisted Voice Search
- Why Consumers Click on Paid-Search Ads