Marketing Smarts Special: Mistakes Marketers Make and Lessons From Industry Experts [Podcast]
- Hosted By:
- Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Last year's special yearend episode featuring a group of marketing stars was so popular that we've decided to do it again this year! To end 2014 with extra fanfare, we produced a special, extra-long episode of Marketing Smarts featuring 15 of the smartest marketers in the business, all answering a single question:
What's the biggest mistake marketers make (and how can they fix it)?
Some marketers shared their own biggest mistake, and others discussed troubling trends. All shared advice and insight for doing it better!
This episode features all-new Marketing Smarts content from authors, thought leaders, strategists, and big-brand marketers. Listen to the show and find out the marketing tactics these industry luminaries can't live without.
For each guest's full Marketing Smarts interview, click the episode number:
- C.C. Chapman, founder of conscience-based consultancy Never Enough Days, author of Amazing Things Will Happen, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, Marketing Smarts episode 143
- Gini Dietrich, founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, author of Spin Sucks, Marketing Smarts episode 129
- Ann Handley, chief content officer at MarketingProfs, author of Everybody Writes, co-author of Content Rules, Marketing Smarts episode 146
- Rebecca Lieb, analyst at Altimeter Group, author of Content Marketing: Think Like a Publisher—How to Use Content to Market Online and in Social Media and The Truth About Search Engine Optimization, Marketing Smarts episode 142
- Ahava Leibtag, president and owner of Aha Media Group, author of The Digital Crown: Winning at Content on the Web, Marketing Smarts episode 137
- Margaret Molloy CMO, Siegel + Gale, Marketing Smarts episode 131
- Marcus Nelson, founder of Addvocate, Marketing Smarts episode 124
- Jill Rowley, social selling advocate, speaker and trainer, Marketing Smarts episode 127
- Dan Sullivan, founder of advocate management platform Crowdly, Marketing Smarts episode 148
- You Mon Tsang, CEO of Outmarket (formerly Vocus), from an unbroadcast interview
- John Wall, consultant, speaker, author of B2B Marketing Confessions, and co-host of the Marketing Over Coffee podcast, Marketing Smarts episode 125
- Ekaterina Walter, global evangelist, Sprinklr, author The Power of Visual Storytelling. Marketing Smarts episode 122
- Larry Weber, chairman and CEO of Racepoint Global, and Lisa Leslie Henderson, writer, educator, and consultant. Larry and Lisa co-wrote The Digital Marketer: Ten New Skills You Must Learn to Stay Relevant and Customer-Centric. Marketing Smarts episode 136
- Tom Webster, vice-president of strategy and marketing at Edison Research, co-author of The Mobile Commerce Revolution, and co-host of The Marketing Companion podcast, Marketing Smarts episode 119
This star-studded episode is action-packed! Be sure to listen to the entire show, which you can do above, or download the mp3 and listen at your convenience. Of course, you can also subscribe to the Marketing Smarts podcast in iTunes or via RSS and never miss an episode!
This special yearend episode brought to you by:
Music credit: Noam Weinstein.
This marketing podcast was created and published by MarketingProfs.
This episode features:
15 smart marketers: C.C. Chapman, Gini Dietrich, Ann Handley, Lisa Leslie Henderson, Rebecca Lieb, Ahava Leibtag, Margaret Molloy, Marcus Nelson, Jill Rowley, Dan Sullivan, You Mon Tsang, John Wall, Ekaterina Walter, Larry Weber, and Tom Webster.
Mack Collier is a social-media strategist based in Alabama. He helps companies build programs and initiatives that let them better connect with their customers and advocates. His podcast, The Fan-Damn-Tastic Marketing Show, discusses ways that brands can turn customers into fans. His first book, Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies That Turn Customers Into Fans, was published in April 2013 by McGraw-Hill.
LinkedIn: Mack Collier
Kerry O'Shea Gorgone is director of product strategy, training, at MarketingProfs. She's also a speaker, writer, attorney, and educator. She hosts and produces the weekly Marketing Smarts podcast. To contact Kerry about being a guest on Marketing Smarts, send her an email. You can also find her on Twitter (@KerryGorgone) and her personal blog.