We've seen many word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing campaigns help companies or people get more contacts or sales than they can handle. But how do we generate this buzz ourselves?
Once a good idea is used, it doesn't always succeed a second time, like the Million Dollar Homepage on which a British student sold each pixel for $1 to help pay for his college education. He made over 600,000 pounds, or roughly $1,056,000.
Businesses can still generate successful WOM campaigns without a whacky idea. The book Buzzmarketing is one great resource for learning about past campaigns and discovering what elements are needed to make a campaign spread like crazy.
Is buying Web traffic a waste of money?
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]