Considering Facebook's 300 million active users, and the thousands joining every day—along with its Alexa ranking of 3 (that is, Facebook is the third most-trafficked website)—businesses really must tap into the power of this online behemoth.
Facebook offers many features for strategic networking and generating visibility for your company.
Among them, Facebook fan pages are (currently) the only feature fully indexed by Google. By inserting keyword-rich text throughout your fan page and updating regularly, you can create tremendous search engine optimization.
Using Facebook's Social Ads, you can then drive targeted traffic from the entire Facebook site directly to your fan page.
Once potential fans click through to your fan page, your goals are as follows:
- Immediately grab their attention and make them feel they are in the right place (they feel they made the right decision by clicking on your ad)
- Inspire them to become a fan
- Draw them in to engage with your page
- Keep them coming back—often called "stickiness" (your fans keep coming back to engage with your page)
If you're creating a Facebook fan page, the following 10 tips will set you head and shoulders above the rest and keep your fans coming back for more.
1. Title your page
When first creating your fan page, you need to choose a title; it could be your brand name, personal name, or business name, as well as a few descriptive words. Typically, the shorter the title, the better, because each time you add content to your fan page your long title will append to each post.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do