The most important aspect of a great offer is a deep understanding of what motivates potential buyers. When you fully understand their pain points and needs and can align them with a clear offer and comprehensive benefits, the sales nurturing process will leapfrog ahead.
Here are five strategies that build stronger, more powerful offers that will help your sales team close more deals.
1. Base your offer on the three conditions of need
Let's look at what motivates buyers to buy:
- Fear of a loss occurring in the current situation
- Perceived risk that the situation is deteriorating
- An opportunity to improve the future situation
The first of those three is the easiest to sell to. I always tell salespeople to continue to ask questions until they reach the first or second condition; selling to the third condition is selling into wishful thinking and therefore very difficult.
Many "no decision" outcomes in sales involve selling to someone who is always interested in learning how to improve, but has no immediate motivation to do so.
2. Incorporate ultimate benefits
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Automation in Moderation: Amanda Holmes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Types of Events That Will Fuel Sales for Your Brand
- Five Keys to Building Better Buyer Experiences
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Account-Based Marketing (But Were Afraid to Ask): Samantha Stone on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Social Media for Sales Research