Lead Generation: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Budgets, Channels, and Technologies: Stats About Marketing Today [Infographic]Laura ForerThis infographic explores stats about email, mobile, content, budgets, and more all in one place. It also explains why these stats are key to your career. As digital marketers become ...
The Complete Guide to Reddit MarketingAleh BarysevichIf you've heard Reddit is a tough place to market, you've heard right—but changes to the platform have made it more marketing-friendly, and it can be one of the most ...
Eight Ways to Reduce Search Ad CPA and Boost ConversionsChandal Nolasco da SilvaPaid search ad campaigns can be the fastest way to generate leads. The challenge, however, is to ensure healthy cost per acquisition (CPA). Here are eight techniques you can use ...
How to Get Sales Prospects to Care About Your Marketing ContentRandy FrischCreating content is a waste of time if your target audience isn't consuming it. Here are three steps to creating content that prospects will care about.
10 Overlooked B2B Optimization Opportunities to Boost Your WebsiteIris ShoorYou've been testing CTAs and landing pages, but now what? Here are 10 lesser-known—but highly effective—tactics you can use to increase website conversions.
Sorry, Marketing, You Don't Own Sales EnablementKen GaeblerSales enablement is no longer a task limited to the marketing team. When your business takes a more holistic approach to sales enablement, sales teams are more likely to increase ...
The Key Ingredient of Marketing Campaign Success: Quality DataPhil GarlickJust as you need quality ingredients to make a delicious meal, you need quality data to ensure a successful marketing campaign. Here are three tips to make sure your data ...
Six Important Points About the State of B2B Content Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerNow that B2B brands are catching up to their B2C counterparts in digital content marketing efforts, what's working? What's not working? And how is it all being created, distributed, and ...
A Marketer's Checklist: Are You Ready for GDPR Compliance? [Infographic]Laura ForerThe General Data Protection Regulation is about to go into effect, but many marketers are still unprepared for it. Here's a checklist for digital marketers to make sure they comply ...
Tons of Traffic, but Few Conversions? Three Ideas for Repurposing Blog TrafficJules TompkinsTraffic to your site is a great thing, right? But what if visitors to your search engine optimized content aren't converting to leads or newsletter signups or however else you've ...
Lead Generation: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Personalizing Your B2B Marketing to Supercharge Lead Gen: Adobe's Drew Burns on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDrew Burns, principal product marketing manager for Adobe Target, shares tips for using personalization to enhance B2B lead generation and improve marketing results.
The 300th Episode of Marketing Smarts: Inaugural Guest Lou Imbriano Returns [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing Smarts celebrates a major milestone: the 300th episode of the show! To mark the occasion, we bring back our very first guest, Lou Imbriano—strategist, author, and former vice-president and CMO of the New England Patriots.
What's Old Is New Again... Account-Based Marketing: Nipul Chokshi of Lattice Engines on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNipul Chokshi of predictive analytics company Lattice Engines explains how account-based marketing can be scaled to work for companies with a large volume of target accounts, and offers advice for implementing ABM.
Embrace Revenue Responsibility With 'Full Funnel Marketing': Author Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFull Funnel Marketing author Matt Heinz explains why (and how) marketers should embrace revenue-based metrics to demonstrate Marketing's impact on the organization.
Revenue and the CMO: Author Glenn Gow Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHelping your company to embrace social selling doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing proposition: You can implement a pilot program to demonstrate how social media can have a positive impact on revenue. Glenn Gow shares tips for starting a successful ...
Mastering the Invisible Sale: Tom Martin Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Martin—founder of Converse Digital and author of The Invisible Sale—discusses his secrets for using content and social networking to drive business growth without cold calls, advertising, or pitching.
Moving From Attribution to Prediction: Jim Lenskold Talks ROI Metrics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDemonstrating value is certainly a fine reason to measure our actions and their results. But discussing marketing measurement with Jim Lenskold during this week's Marketing Smarts podcast got me thinking that we may be thinking about the purpose of measurement ...
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Educate, Entertain, and Inform: Kipp Bodnar Talks Social Media Strategy on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHubSpot's Kipp Bodnar discusses why so few B2B companies blog, how to develop a social media strategy, and what roadblocks companies encounter when trying to implement their strategy (if they actually have one!).
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Lead Generation: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Content Strategy for B2B Lead Generationwith Andy CrestodinaIn this Teach Me How seminar, Andy Crestodina will walk you through each step in the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome. You'll learn how to become a dual-threat marketer by combining search and psychology, SEO with conversion optimization, and cheese and mousetraps. You'll leave with the tools to make your content drive the right leads to you.
- How to Succeed at LinkedIn Content Marketing: Three Must-Have Strategieswith Viveka von RosenIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll hear about three powerful content marketing strategies using specific LinkedIn tools. You'll discover how to capture your leads' interest with LinkedIn's publishing platform, native video, and long-form updates. You'll also learn how to use these strategies to increase your brand's visibility to keep you top of mind among your audience and cement your positioning as a leader in your industry.
- Five Steps to Jump-Start Your Account-Based Marketing Programwith Samantha StoneIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn everything you need to ignite your account-based marketing program. You'll leave knowing how to identify whether ABM is right for you, who you should be targeting, and what tactics you should be using.
- Break Through the Noise: Three Strategies to Double Saleswith Amanda HolmesIn this PRO seminar, we'll share real case studies from companies who have doubled their business and we'll walk you through the techniques they used to do it. You'll leave armed with email templates, marketing messaging fundamentals, and proven strategies you can start using today to grab your prospect's attention, surpass targets, and double sales.
- Dominate LinkedIn: Connect and Engage With Your Prospectswith Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to leverage LinkedIn's "hidden" features to connect and engage with your ideal prospects, and ultimately close more sales. You'll learn how to identify your best leads, communication strategies that convert, and what LinkedIn tools will help seal the deal.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead Generationwith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing Pagewith Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- The Recipe for an Integrated Approach to Event Marketingwith Allison SagetIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the recipe for event success: brand recognition, lead generation, and thought leadership. You'll be able to use this framework to help your company get the most out of events and achieve your business objectives.
- How to Use Video to Ensure a Great Buying Experiencewith Rocky WallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use video to engage prospects through each step of the sales and marketing funnel (and in turn, allow you to better qualify leads and pass them to your sales team with more confidence). We'll share how to ensure your videos are contributing directly to your business objectives and provide you with practical tips on how to create an effective video production plan that you can put into action immediately.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New Audienceswith Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
Lead Generation: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Ways to Maximize Your Tradeshow PresenceReleased on 12/4/2015 with Justin HershIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three key ways to get the most out of your tradeshow investment. We'll discuss the importance of starting with clear and measurable objectives, share tips on how your company can deliver compelling experiences on the show floor, and show examples of real companies that put these tips into action to boost their booth traffic and ROI.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
- Take 10: How to Attract Customers to Your Tradeshow BoothReleased on 5/29/2015 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven key customer attraction strategies to ensure a consistent flow of traffic to your booth. We'll go beyond how to pick the ideal booth location and will provide you with tips on how to train your team to drive attendees in, booth promotions that work, creative differentiation ideas, and more—so you'll leave each event with a list of qualified leads and a positive ROI.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
- Take 10: Day One With Marketing Automation, What to Do?Released on 8/1/2014 with Inga RomanoffIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn key steps for a full marketing automation migration, ensuring a quick and efficient installation. Learn how to design your own implementation plan, become an internal expert on the topic for your company, and demonstrate the true ROI of your marketing automation platform.
- Take 10: Set Expectations for Your Outbound Telemarketing ProgramReleased on 2/21/2014 with Jenny VanceIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to estimate your campaign's return on investment before putting it into action. Assessing ROI ahead of time will help you understand what response rate you need and will allow you to put measures in place to reach your campaign goal.
- Take 10: Three Steps to Optimize Your Lead Nurturing ContentReleased on 12/20/2013 with Gretchen ScheimanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three steps for optimizing your lead nurturing content to your target audience, so you can help drive prospects closer to a sale.
- Take 10: Tips for Driving Demand and Lead Generation Through Content SyndicationReleased on 8/16/2013 with Todd BlochIn just 10 minutes, you'll receive valuable, actionable advice and tangible examples for identifying and approaching appropriate outlets to market your new campaign effectively. You'll learn best practices for cultivating media partnerships with a variety of content marketing sources to generate fresh leads, acquire new customers, and ultimately, help scale your campaigns.
Lead Generation: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Engage Customers and Generate Leads With Interactive ContentThis 27-page guide will answer all your questions about interactive content. It'll show you that it's about more than just games. It may even inspire you to "interactivate" your own content and engage your readers.
- Build a Mighty Email List With Attractive Lead MagnetsIn this 36-page guide, you'll learn about lead magnets, how they can make your marketing more magnetic, and how you can use them to build a higher quality email list that delivers more business.
- Marketing Automation Management: What It Is, Why You Need It, and Where It's HeadedThis 18-page guide will help you better understand the capabilities of marketing automation systems and how to make best use of them–plus, we provide resources for learning more.
- Mobile Marketing Success StoriesMobile marketing campaigns can be inexpensive, easy to execute, and very profitable. See how 8 B2B and 11 B2C companies are using SMS, mobile websites, mobile ads, Smartphone applications, and Bluetooth marketing to achieve huge results.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- B2B Sales Lead Generation: Integration of Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 MediaResearch on how Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 can be used in effective Lead Generation campaigns
- Lead Generation How-To GuideLearn how you can generate leads, qualify and track them through the sales cycle!
- Lead Generation How-To GuideGreat product, great sales team, great marketing collateral - now what? People to sell to, of course. Put your lead generation tactics under the microscope with this enlightening how-to guide. Get more and better qualified leads, faster today.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- A CMO's Thanksgiving: Five Reasons I'm Thankful for Managing the ... by Annie Reiss
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign by Andre Oentoro
- Customer Analytics and Data Privacy Laws: On a Collision Course? by Todd Wright
- Three Marketing Mistakes That Are Costing E-Commerce Companies ... by Vit Endler
- Attention-Grabbers: Five Publicity Lessons From Unique Billboard ... by Brent Thomson