Copywriting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Write Funny: Four Lessons in Marketing Humor From the Greatest Email EverAnn HandleyDone right, humor sells. But you probably don't sell a product or service that's inherently funny. So how can you create funny content that's just right for your business?
Five Tips to Help You Level-Up Headlines and TitlesLiraz PostanGet your readers past the headline and into the content with these helpful tips for leveling-up your headline game.
The Ultimate Grammar Cheat Sheet for Writers [Infographic]Laura ForerThis cheat sheet goes beyond common spelling mistakes. Keep it handy to make sure you're using "affect" and "effect" properly, to help you refrain from splicing commas, to identify those ...
How Long Does It Take to Create a Piece of Content?Ayaz NanjiMost marketers say it takes between one and six hours, on average, to create a piece of content, according to recent research from coSchedule.
The Most Effective Number in Article Headlines [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWhich number in headlines for list-based articles/blog posts is correlated to the most social shares? To find out, Venngage examined the performance of 121,333 "listicle" articles/posts from brands and publishers.
Content Writer vs. Copywriter: What's the Difference?Pam Berg, Katie RottnerWhen it's time to outsource copywriting or content writing to bolster your marketing, you need to be clear on one thing: Should you hire a copywriter or a content writer? ...
Boost Your Email ROI by Improving Your Copy's ReadabilityTrisha RandolphAs an email marketer, you test subject lines and calls to action for optimal performance, but are you submitting your copy to the ultimate test? If you're not testing it ...
The 20 Most Effective Numbers in Facebook Post HeadlinesAyaz NanjiList-post headlines that include the number 10 garner more engagement on Facebook, on average, than headlines that include other numbers, according to recent research from Buzzsumo.
This Is What Works in Facebook Headlines: The 20 Most Effective PhrasesAyaz NanjiWhich phrases in headlines are most effective in encouraging people to engage with articles on Facebook? To find out, Buzzsumo examined the performance of 100 million article headlines published this ...
The Top 4 Threats to Creative Copywriting and How to Overcome ThemJessica SwandaCopywriters know that creativity doesn't always come right when you need it. Here are four common causes of creative block—and ideas for overcoming them.
Copywriting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Whose Content Is It Anyway? Better Marketing Through Improv: Kathy Klotz-Guest on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKathy Klotz-Guest, business storytelling strategist and author, shares insights from her new book, Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-A** Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv.
Everybody Writes... Especially Marketers! Ann Handley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketingProfs Chief Content Officer Ann Handley shares insights from her book, Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
People Respond to Stories: Rohit Bhargava Talks Likeonomics on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRohit Bhargava, author and social media strategist, thinks business books need to be useful—to help you solve a problem you're facing. So it has to speak to you from the get-go, draw you in, and convince you it's going to ...
Why You Should Consider Hiring a Brand Journalist: Joe Chernov of Eloqua [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhy should you hire a brand journalist? In this episode of Marketing Smarts, Joe Chernov, Eloqua's vice-president of content marketing, explains why hiring a brand journalist can make all the content you produce better.
Copywriting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- High-Performance Content Marketing: Create More Compelling Content Using a Custom Content ArchitectureBroadcast on 10/12/2017 with Shelly BowenIn this online seminar, you'll learn the key steps to creating your own content architecture blueprint. You'll discover how to ensure your blueprint covers your core messaging priorities so it serves as your guide from process to execution, and how to customize it to meet your company's needs and goals.
- The Content Formula: How to Create and Measure Content That ConvertsBroadcast on 6/15/2017 with Michael BrennerIn this Teach Me How seminar, we'll show you 10 ways you can quantify the return on your marketing through a consistent content approach. You'll also learn how to use content to create an appealing destination that your customers can't wait to visit again and again.
- Writers Need to Know Content Trends, Too: Marketing Writing BootcampBroadcast on 6/1/2017 with Julia McCoyIn this online seminar, you'll learn how to fine-tune your content planning and development to better mirror reader habits. You'll discover what your audiences want to read and need to know, and how to reach and genuinely influence prospects. You'll leave with the tools to harness your readers' preferences to improve your content's trust factor.
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for MobileBroadcast on 4/6/2017 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
- Fix Your Funnel: 15 Things to Remove From Your Site ImmediatelyBroadcast on 2/2/2017 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why you need to run (not walk) to your content management system and make immediate changes for the good of your lead funnel. You'll discover what you should add or remove from your site—to fix the top, middle, and bottom of your funnel—so you can increase traffic ASAP!
- Measure Once, Cut 17 Times: How You Can Get the Most ROI Out of Each Content Marketing AssetBroadcast on 12/8/2016 with Phil GerbyshakIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to be more efficient with the content you create, allowing you to reuse what you already have in ways that will increase your marketing effectiveness. You'll learn how to take a large blog post and split it into smaller posts, turn a podcast into multiple articles, create interesting and useful visuals to accompany your articles, and much more. You'll leave with a simple plan to stretch each piece of content, get the most out of your budget, and save time with everything you create.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Email Copy That ConvertsBroadcast on 10/27/2016 with Joanna WiebeIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to write email copy that converts. Joanna Wiebe will review PRO member-submitted emails and show you how to blend the art of creative copy with the science of conversion optimization to generate more revenue and profit for your business. You'll leave with the tools to convert more subscribers into fans, more fans into customers, and more customers into happy referrers.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Plan and Build a Can't-Fail Content Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 10/6/2016 with Michael BrennerIn this PRO seminar, we'll share key factors for content marketing success and how to deliver useful information to your customers without breaking the bank. You'll walk away with advanced tools, tactics, and templates that you can implement immediately to help you reach, engage, and convert new customers for your business, and stand out from the competition.
- Make Your Copy Mobile-FriendlyBroadcast on 9/8/2016 with Roberta RosenbergIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft copy that gets noticed, read, and acted upon in the small screen confines of the mobile environment. We'll also share when to use pictures to tell your story and how to 'front load' important content your prospects won't miss during a quick scan. You'll leave with copywriting best practices and tips you can apply right away.
- MarketingProfs University: Establish Your Message ArchitectureBroadcast on 6/2/2016 with Margot BloomsteinIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to prioritize communication goals—ideal whether you manage web, social media, or print collateral. We'll discuss how simple tools like a gap analysis and content audit can reveal easily missed opportunities. You'll leave with the savvy to bring brand-driven content strategy techniques and thinking into your own work.
Copywriting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Rewrite Your Copy to Boost SalesReleased on 8/15/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three ways to revise and improve your email, website, or direct mail copy to generate a better response and boost your campaign profits.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Seven Easy Tips to Improve Your ProofreadingReleased on 8/24/2012 with Daphne Gray-GrantLearn seven simple steps to making the proofreading process easier and more effective.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10 Author Series: Eight Commonly Misused Words and How to Use Them CorrectlyReleased on 11/25/2011 with Mignon FogartyIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, famed grammarian and best-selling author Mignon Fogarty shares critical tips for remembering the correct meanings (and spellings) of commonly misused words.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
Copywriting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Perfect Pitch: Hit a Home Run With Every Headline, Subject Line, and Call to ActionIn this 33-page guide, we'll cover how to get those players into the best shape for winning over your audience. You'll learn strategic insights and actionable tips that you can immediately start using to up your game and improve your results.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.