B2B Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Chatbots Can Help Your E-Commerce [Infographic]Laura ForerChatbots can be helpful in guiding both B2C and B2B customers through their buying paths. Check out how chatbots can assist in your e-commerce strategy.
Five Reasons B2B Marketers Who Don't 'Do Video' Are Getting Left BehindMeryl DraperThink videos are just for B2C? Think again. They can be a powerful tactic in the B2B sales journey as well. Here's how to use video effectively in your B2B ...
The Top 25 B2B Products From Silicon Valley Tech CompaniesAyaz NanjiSurveyMonkey creates the best-liked B2B software products among Silicon Valley tech companies, according to recent research from G2 Crowd.
B2B Demand Generation: Marketers' Favorite TacticsAyaz NanjiB2B marketers say email is the most effective demand generation channel for both sparking early-stage engagement and driving later-stage conversions, according to recent research from Demand Gen Report.
Content Marketing 2018: Final Call for Boarding [Infographic]Laura ForerAs more marketers realize the benefits of content marketing, the practice becomes even more competitive. Check out this infographic with stats from the past year and tips to help your ...
How Emotional Marketing in B2B Drives Customers (Even If You Think It Doesn't)Tamar WeissIn the world of marketing, there's a perception that B2B marketing is serious and logical, whereas B2C marketing is fun and creative. Yet, the role that emotions play in both ...
ABM: Balancing Technology and a Human Touch to Maximize Sales SuccessDavid RatcliffA lot of ABM and sales-enablement vendors talk about how companies can use technology to scale customer contact. Despite the promises about futuristic things like artificial intelligence, you'd be paying ...
The Five Top Trends That Will Shape Influencer Marketing in 2018Ismael El-QudsiInfluencer marketing has successfully transitioned from being considered a passing fad to being allotted a respected place in the modern marketing mix. It will continue to rapidly evolve to meet ...
Three Trends in B2B Buyer Behavior and How to Generate Quality Leads by Addressing ThemMarkus LinderGenerating qualified leads remains a top challenge for B2B marketers. Here's how you can address three key B2B buying trends to earn buyers' attention and trust—and improve the quality of ...
The State of B2B Programmatic AdvertisingAyaz NanjiMost B2B firms are now buying or selling advertising programmatically, according to a recent report from Dun & Bradstreet and Adweek BrandShare.
B2B Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Creating a Culture of Customer-Centricity: SAP's Chief Digital Marketing Officer Mika Yamamoto on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSAP Chief Digital Marketing Officer Mika Yamamoto discusses the importance of a human touch in digital transformation, and how to set the tone at the top to create a truly customer-centric organization.
Personalizing Your B2B Marketing to Supercharge Lead Gen: Adobe's Drew Burns on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDrew Burns, principal product marketing manager for Adobe Target, shares tips for using personalization to enhance B2B lead generation and improve marketing results.
B2B Influencer Marketing (Seriously!) Lee Odden of TopRank on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneDigital marketing and PR strategist, consultant, author, and speaker Lee Odden explains why B2B brands need to work with influencers and offers tips for building mutually beneficial influencer relationships to co-create valuable content.
How to Find (and Keep) Customers of a Subscription Product: Wendy Connell of Storyblocks on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneWendy Connell, vice-president of marketing at digital media company Storyblocks, shares tips for acquiring new customers, retaining existing customers, minimizing churn when you operate on a subscription model, and more.
Building B2B Brand Awareness Through Content: Amanda Milligan of Fractl on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAmanda Milligan, branded content manager at creative digital agency Fractl, shares content marketing tips based on her experience helping B2B and B2C clients build brand awareness and achieve content marketing ROI.
True Influence Isn't About Follower Counts: Adobe's Joe Martin and Mark Boothe on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJoe Martin and Mark Booth of Adobe talk about how Adobe effectively uses influencer marketing to dramatically increase the company's reach during (and long after) its annual flagship event, Adobe Summit in Las Vegas.
Marketing Drives Revenue, and Now You Can Prove It: Radius SVP Shari Johnston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRadius Senior Vice-President of Marketing Shari Johnston discusses how marketing operations has evolved so that Marketing now directly contributes to an organization's revenue strategy.
Enterprise Branding, Corporate Missions, and Women in Leadership: Alicia Tillman and Lisa Skeete Tatum Talk to Marketing Smarts at SAP Ariba LIVE [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAlicia Tillman, chief marketing officer of SAP Ariba, and Lisa Skeete Tatum, co-founder and chief executive officer of Landit, discuss enterprise branding, the importance of embracing a corporate mission, and women in leadership positions.
Brand Engagement for B2B: Avenue CEO Bob Domenz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAvenue CEO Bob Domenz discusses brand activation and engagement for B2B organizations.
B2B Industry Trends: Marketing Smarts From the MarketingProfs B2B Forum in Boston [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpeakers and B2B marketers stopped by to chat with Marketing Smarts host Kerry O'Shea Gorgone in Boston at the MarketingProfs B2B Forum. All guests discuss three things: what they want to master in 2017, their favorite social network for B2B ...
B2B Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Personalize Content Experiences at ScaleBroadcast on 2/6/2018 with Randy FrischJoin us for How to Personalize Content Experiences at Scale to learn how B2B marketers are increasingly taking ownership of the end-to-end content experience, expanding beyond initial acquisition to sales enablement and ABM. You'll hear real-life examples and get a framework for arming yourself and your marketing team to deliver greater personalization and memorable content experiences to your customers—at scale! Sponsored by Uberflip
- How to Adapt: Creating a Content Strategy for MobileBroadcast on 4/6/2017 with Christina IngeIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to create device-agnostic content that reaches your target audience and achieves your communication objectives. You'll come away with strategies to tell even the most complex B2B sales story, or engage the most niche B2C consumers, with awesome content—on any platform!
- Five Steps to Jump-Start Your Account-Based Marketing ProgramBroadcast on 2/23/2017 with Samantha StoneIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn everything you need to ignite your account-based marketing program. You'll leave knowing how to identify whether ABM is right for you, who you should be targeting, and what tactics you should be using.
- Break Through the Noise: Three Strategies to Double SalesBroadcast on 9/22/2016 with Amanda HolmesIn this PRO seminar, we'll share real case studies from companies who have doubled their business and we'll walk you through the techniques they used to do it. You'll leave armed with email templates, marketing messaging fundamentals, and proven strategies you can start using today to grab your prospect's attention, surpass targets, and double sales.
- Secrets to Successful Data-Driven MarketingBroadcast on 2/11/2016 with Ruth P. StevensIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore how B2B marketers can maximize business value from data about customers and prospects. We'll look at new data sources, how to keep data clean and fresh, and its top five applications in B2B. We'll also review three case studies from companies that successfully applied data to fuel sustainable business growth.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Smarketing—What It Is and Why You Need to Master ItBroadcast on 9/24/2015 with Peter StrohkorbIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the recent phenomenon of smarketing: sales and marketing working together to be competitive in the new buyer's journey. We'll share examples of highly collaborative companies that have applied smarketing and the role it played in their success. You'll leave with actionable advice on how you can introduce this concept to your organization and an understanding of the benefits it can offer.
- How to Build Your Podcast BrandBroadcast on 7/23/2015 with Nick WestergaardIn this PRO seminar, we'll walk you through how to get started in podcasting—from understanding its current state to the mechanics and equipment needed to begin. You'll learn how to develop a podcast that both aligns with your brand promise and engages your audience. We'll also share techniques on how to turn your current listeners into brand advocates, and you'll walk away with actionable tips you can start using right away to take your podcast from good to great.
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
B2B Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Steps to a Successful Re-Engagement CampaignReleased on 9/9/2016 with Meera KothandIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you why a subscriber re-engagement campaign is an important part of your email marketing strategy. We'll share a seven-step process detailing how to set up and launch your re-engagement campaign from scratch. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the different types of winback emails, the order in which to send them, and what to do with inactive subscribers.
- Take 10: Create Your Content Strategy in Eight StepsReleased on 2/19/2016 with Jennifer SmoldtIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a killer content marketing plan. We'll discuss why it's so important to have a well-documented strategy in place, as well as how to identify your distinct differentiators and create a unique story that will appeal to your target audience.
- Take 10: How to Develop an Effective PodcastReleased on 1/22/2016 with Bob KnorppIn just 10 minutes, the creator of one of today's most successful B2B podcasts will break down the process of creating a program that provides your listeners with content they'll be eager to hear and achieves your business objectives. We'll also share expert tips on script development, the importance of consistency, and how to prepare your guests for a more interesting conversation.
- Take 10: How to Name Your BrandReleased on 9/4/2015 with Jeremy MillerIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss how to choose a brand name that resonates with your customers. We'll walk you through the four types of names and the elements that make them sticky, as well as teach you how to evaluate your company and product names against the competition.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: Five Tips to Create Successful Nurture CampaignsReleased on 3/27/2015 with Cyndi W. GreenglassIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with five key tips on how to create successful nurture campaigns. You'll learn how to develop and engage your prospects in an ongoing conversation that's proven to increase your conversion rates over time, and in a way that's easily measurable.
- Take 10: Pinterest Basics for B2B MarketingReleased on 3/9/2012 with Anne YastremskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basics of Pinterest, so you can make an informed decision if it is right for your brand.
B2B Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- B-to-B Marketing in 2008: Trends in Strategies and SpendingMarketingProfs research provides B2B marketers guidance for making budget and media mix allocations by exploring the issues and emerging trends in 2008.
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.