In this article, you'll learn...
- Why connected marketing solutions are critical to success in today's marketing landscape
- How disconnected systems can hinder your marketing efforts
Although tremendous new opportunities exist for marketers today, the marketer's world is simply chaotic.
It's a minor miracle that anyone is able to keep brand messages consistent, timely, and relevant in such an exponentially challenging environment.
Think about it. Today's marketing landscape is cluttered by the following:
- More media than ever
- More advertising venues than ever competing for limited dollars
- More customer engagement with brands and messages
- More customers contributing to and creating brand messages
- More marketing technology providers
- More marketing team members and agencies touching brand messaging before it reaches the customer
At a recent marketing-leadership forum, audience participants were asked for a show of hands if they believed integrated cross-channel messaging was important. Virtually every audience member raised a hand. Next, the presenter asked those who integrated two or more channels to keep their hands raised. A majority of the hands remained up. When the number was raised to three channels, a majority of audience members lowered their hands. How many integrated four or more channels? Only a handful.
Many marketers today know what they need to accomplish. But effectively meeting a myriad of demands often seems out of reach in the ever-changing, overloaded marketing landscape.