Customer Engagement: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Four Pillars of Performance for Digital Marketing CampaignsTom BurgEven as marketing changes at breakneck speed, some things stay the same. The four pillars of performance have withstood the test of time, so keep them in mind to improve ...
How Our Brain Processes Different Kinds of Content [Infographic]Laura ForerTo get the best responses to your content marketing efforts, make use of the way the human brain processes information.
Operation FOMO: Three Ways to Turn Customer Envy Into EngagementJeff SnyderNo matter your audience, their fear of missing out (FOMO) can work marketing magic for you, especially in the age of social media. But beware: If you don't make use ...
Four Steps to Increasing Customer Retention and Loyalty With Social MediaChris TesoHere's how to apply loyalty best-practices to your social media marketing to increase customer retention and long-term loyalty.
#SocialSkim: Instagram Paves Path to E-Commerce, Twitter Builds Bots: 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriInstagram's latest push to satisfy brands' need to sell; Twitter introduced bots for customer service; Pinterest launched three new types of Promoted Pins; LinkedIn now lets you compare your salary; ...
A Guide to Contextual MarketingAlla BogdanContent that not only works but also makes users want to share it? It's possible when you understand the basics of contextual marketing.
Three Ways Marketers Can Tell Their Stories Across Multichannel TouchpointsShawn CabralThe digital, multi-device era has disrupted traditional brand storytelling—fragmenting story plots and making genuine engagement rare. But here's how brands can still tell captivating stories that bridge channels and devices.
Trick or Treat Your Way Into Halloween Sales [Infographic]Verónica JarskiA whopping $8.4B is going to be spent on Halloween this year. So, check out these tips and tricks to capture those treats (and to plan some tricks for next ...
Nonprofit Storytelling: How the Power of 'Why' Can Increase Advocates, DonationsRay GaryIf you are part of a nonprofit struggling to gain donor support, get your team in the same room and ask yourselves two questions.
How to Operationalize Your Customer Journey MapLaura PattersonClearly, developing a customer journey map is beneficial to your business. But how do you ensure that all of your work in mapping the customer journey will be properly implemented ...
Customer Engagement: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
QR Codes Kill Kittens: Author Scott Stratten Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneScott Stratten's expressed his frustration with QR codes in no uncertain terms. His most recent book—QR Codes Kill Kittens—provides example after example of poorly executed marketing concepts that will make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
Rethink Your Audience: Author and Digital Strategist Sam Ford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThough living in a new era of participatory media, our notions of what constitutes an audience and what audiences actually do has not changed much since the broadcast era—and that's a problem, argues Sam Ford.
A Passion for People: Intel's Ekaterina Walter Talks Entrepreneurial Success on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"All of us want to belong, and all of us really want to make an impact, and some of us... we invent Facebook," Ekaterina Walter, social media strategist at Intel and author of Think Like Zuck told me during this ...
Smart Marketers Road Show Rundown With Jeff Mayersohn and Lou Imbriano [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe final stop of the MarketingProfs Smart Marketers Tour was the beautiful deCordova Museum in Lincoln, MA, on July 10, and it was our best-attended. Our guests were Jeff Mayersohn, owner of the Harvard Bookstore in Harvard Square, Cambridge, and ...
Have You Sat Down with Your Customer Lately? Patrick Schaber and Joe Sorge on Marketing Smartsby Matthew GrantWhether you are selling complex technical systems or burgers with fried pickles on them—like my guests in this week's Marketing Smarts—you need to understand your customers and interact with them face-to-face.
Marketing Is Habit-Forming: Charles Duhigg Talks About the Power of Habit on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"During major life changes, our habits are up for grabs," Charles Duhigg says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. But when companies gather customer data to shape future buying habits, are they helping customers or helping themselves?
Customer Engagement: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Hug Your HatersBroadcast on 1/12/2017 with Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- Hack the Conversation: Discover Insights Through Social DataBroadcast on 11/17/2016 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, we'll share examples of companies using conversation research to drive product innovation, address customer experience issues, and inform messaging and communications. You'll leave with a practical approach to help you begin mining your online conversations to discover important data and insights.
- How to Demystify Influencer Marketing With ContentBroadcast on 11/3/2016 with Lee OddenIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how influencer content programs tap industry voices that buyers trust, and align with brands to deliver on both thought leadership and customer acquisition goals. While there are many opinions and approaches to influencer marketing, we'll cover the three proven approaches B2B marketers can take to satisfy buyers across the sales experience.
- Inspiring Action: The Future of Influencer MarketingBroadcast on 9/29/2016 with Heidi SullivanIn this PRO seminar, we'll share what the experts see as challenges, best practices, and success stories in the fast-growing world of influencer and advocate marketing. You'll learn how B2C and B2B companies are working with online influencers and customer advocates to grow their reach, engagement, and conversions.
- Dominate LinkedIn: Connect and Engage With Your ProspectsBroadcast on 7/28/2016 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to leverage LinkedIn's "hidden" features to connect and engage with your ideal prospects, and ultimately close more sales. You'll learn how to identify your best leads, communication strategies that convert, and what LinkedIn tools will help seal the deal.
- The Broken Promise of Digital: Making the Customer the Center of What We DoBroadcast on 7/14/2016 with Scott MontyIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the pitfalls of getting lured into the same old same old, and give you new ideas to execute a customer-centric strategy. From listening, to understanding motivations and preferences, to the fundamentals of creating engaging content, you'll learn the importance of building trust and capturing attention regardless of the platform. We'll show you how to put humanity back into digital marketing!
- 53 Content Marketing Hacks to Double Your Engagement RatesBroadcast on 5/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn this PRO seminar, we'll cut through the clutter and share dozens of tactical, proven best practices that will help you accelerate the production and results of your content marketing efforts. We'll show you how to create a scalable system that can be customized to your content marketing and business objectives. You'll leave with 50+ tools, tips, and hacks to increase your content marketing success.
- Empower Your Employees to Be Brand AdvocatesBroadcast on 11/5/2015 with Tom GimbelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to find outgoing, enthusiastic brand advocates within your existing employee base. You'll leave armed with data proving the worth of employee advocacy and the steps to build your own program.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
Customer Engagement: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Steps to a Successful Re-Engagement CampaignReleased on 9/9/2016 with Meera KothandIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you why a subscriber re-engagement campaign is an important part of your email marketing strategy. We'll share a seven-step process detailing how to set up and launch your re-engagement campaign from scratch. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the different types of winback emails, the order in which to send them, and what to do with inactive subscribers.
- Take 10: How to Leverage Your Online CommunityReleased on 4/15/2016 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll share six practical tips that will help you tap into this valuable resource to grow your business and benefit your customers. From setting goals to becoming a good listener, you'll leave with actionable steps to build a stronger online community.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: How to Use Content to Engage Customers Throughout the Sales CycleReleased on 7/10/2015 with Michael PeggsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how to keep your customers in the conversation by creating content that entertains, engages, and educates. You'll learn how to use content to boost brand awareness, drive leads, and increase conversions as prospects move through each stage of the sales cycle—from discovering your brand through the final phase of purchasing.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: Five Scannable Hot Spots in Your Copy That Boost ResponseReleased on 11/7/2014 with Donna Baier SteinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to highlight the key selling points and calls to action by strategically placing them in the five hot spots your readers' eyes gravitate to. You'll walk away with tips on how to develop more persuasive and effective copy that is organized in a way that will encourage response.
- Take 10: How to Ensure Your Target Audience Views Your ContentReleased on 3/7/2014 with Ran GishriIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the most effective means for content distribution and viewing, allowing you to enjoy higher returns on your content creation spend.
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Get More Traffic from PinterestReleased on 1/17/2014 with Beth HaydenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three effective Pinterest traffic-boosting tips that will make your site more enticing, increase your site traffic, and potentially increase your sales, too.
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
Customer Engagement: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Engage Customers and Generate Leads With Interactive ContentThis 27-page guide will answer all your questions about interactive content. It'll show you that it's about more than just games. It may even inspire you to "interactivate" your own content and engage your readers.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.