Marketing Challenges: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Retail Strategy Today: A Blended Online and In-Store Shopping Journey [Infographic]Laura ForerOnline and offline retail channels don't have to compete. Complementary digital and in-store experiences are vital to today's customer journey, giving consumers the best of both worlds—and the best returns ...
The Business Impact of Good Creative [Infographic]Laura ForerGood creative can help drive more revenue, but what's a marketer to do when investing in creative is often a low priority? Check out this infographic to see the impact ...
Account-Based Marketing: Top Tactics, Challenges, and GoalsAyaz NanjiMarketers say personalizing content is the most effective account-based marketing tactic, according to recent research from Ascend2.
Your Guide to Email-Open Statistics on Mobiles [Infographic]Laura ForerMost emails are opened on mobile devices, but most conversions from email are still happening on desktops. Check out this infographic to see how your brand stacks up when it ...
What to Look for When Hiring a Demand Generation ManagerSanjay CastelinoToday's demand generation manager requires a different skill set from old-school managers'. To find the right person for this evolved role, you'll need to make sure he or she has ...
Multiple Support Channels? Streamline Customer Communication!Nikhil HasijaToday's customers use multiple channels to reach out to brands and expect support to be immediate and precise. That expectation can be daunting for many companies.
Marketing Decisions: Known Knowns and Unknowns, Unknown Unknowns and KnownsJerry W. ThomasMarketing decisions based on knowns—truth, facts, and evidence—are far more likely to succeed than those based on hopes, wishes, and mythology.
Market Disruption: Your Brand Needs to Create a RuckusEmily CulclasureWhy is market "disruption" causing such an uproar in the marketing world? And more importantly, how should brands be responding to it?
Marketing Proficiency: A Golf MetaphorLaura PattersonA successful golfer in a recent interview stressed the importance of being proficient with every club in his bag. Marketers, too, need to have proficiency with every "club" in their ...
Why You Should Ditch Your Goal of a 360-Degree Customer ViewCory MunchbachWant to know the dirty little secret of customer data and marketing technology? You're never going to create a 360-degree view. So, maybe it's time to abandon that goal and ...
Marketing Challenges: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Keep Your Marketing Legal: Attorney Sara Hawkins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAttorneys Sara F. Hawkins and Kerry O'Shea Gorgone discuss the latest tips from the FTC on how brands and bloggers should legally disclose sponsored content and run promotions.
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
Marketing So Useful, People Would Pay for It: Youtility Author Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer's new book, Youtility, provides a comprehensive guide for businesses on "marketing sideways" and winning loyal customers by providing extremely helpful content. Baer offers compelling evidence that becoming a Youtility leads to business success, and provides tips for making ...
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Marketing Challenges: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your MarketingBroadcast on 5/12/2016 with Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance MarketingBroadcast on 3/10/2016 with David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- Key Digital Trend Currents That Are Shaping BusinessBroadcast on 8/22/2013 with Steve WoodruffIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn that it's important to look beyond current trends (such as the latest hot platform) to trend currents—those inevitable, inexorable forces that are shaping the world of business and communications.
- The New Business Development EcosystemBroadcast on 8/15/2013 with Mark O'BrienThis PRO seminar will examine the three primary components of the new business development ecosystem: the conversion-focused website, marketing automation, and CRM.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life.Broadcast on 7/11/2013 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why it's important to reboot and rebuild your business model now and how you can prepare for and adapt to whatever might come next.
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing ChallengesBroadcast on 8/16/2012 with Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem SolvingBroadcast on 5/24/2012 with Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into TractionBroadcast on 4/14/2011 with Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
Marketing Challenges: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
Marketing Challenges: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.