Marketing Challenges: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Too Much of a Good Thing? Take Your Data From Overwhelming to UsefulDun & BradstreetSo much data and so little idea what to do with all of it. Here's how to get a handle on all that data and put it to work for ...
The 15 Most Challenging Content Marketing TasksAyaz NanjiWhat are the most challenging things about content marketing? Which tasks do content professionals in different roles find most difficult?
The Six Biggest Challenges Facing Social Media MarketersAyaz NanjiMarketers say not having enough staff and financial resources is the top challenge they face in executing well on social media, according to recent research from The Manifest.
Three Steps to Effective Customer Content and Lasting Sales-Marketing RelationshipsJules TompkinsWhen Marketing and Sales collaborate, everyone wins: Customers get better content, and businesses see better results.
The Personalization Maturity Ladder [Infographic]Laura ForerPersonalization can be as simple as an email greeting or as complex as a fully customized, cross-channel shopping experience. See where your organization ranks and learn how to improve your ...
What Brexit Teaches Us About Crafting Marketing Campaigns That Compel ActionAlex MoscowWhat can marketers learn from the techniques that Brexit supporters used to convince a majority of the population to vote for what's been called "the stupidest thing any country has ...
The Top Three Reasons Sales and Marketing Alignment Is Off [Infographic]Laura ForerIf your marketing and sales teams still aren't quite aligned, you're not alone—but you could be behind the competition. Check out these top three challenges to alignment and see how ...
Top 5 Predictions for the Future of Sales and Marketing Alignment [Infographic]Laura Forer"Sales and Marketing alignment" has been a buzzphrase for years, but other than two teams working together, what does it mean exactly? Today's infographic explores five trends that will help ...
Marketers' Top Mobile Advertising ChallengesAyaz NanjiMarketers say their biggest challenges with mobile advertising are opaque data and a lack of internal knowledge about the approach, according to recent research from AppsFlyer and Forrester.
The 2018 Trends Marketing Executives Feel Least Prepared ForAyaz NanjiMarketing executives say artificial intelligence, augmented/virtual reality, and voice search are the 2018 trends they feel most unprepared for, according to recent research from Conductor.
Marketing Challenges: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Keep Your Marketing Legal: Attorney Sara Hawkins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAttorneys Sara F. Hawkins and Kerry O'Shea Gorgone discuss the latest tips from the FTC on how brands and bloggers should legally disclose sponsored content and run promotions.
Tasteful Branding: Supermarket Superstar Chris Cornyn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFood branding expert Chris Cornyn serves up marketing advice for would-be food entrepreneurs—including on the Lifetime reality series "Supermarket Superstars."
Marketing So Useful, People Would Pay for It: Youtility Author Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer's new book, Youtility, provides a comprehensive guide for businesses on "marketing sideways" and winning loyal customers by providing extremely helpful content. Baer offers compelling evidence that becoming a Youtility leads to business success, and provides tips for making ...
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
The Art of Marketing Operations: Steven Bushong of Disney ABC Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantSteve Bushong's background in systems engineering, and his experience with sourcing, procurement, and operations, gave him a unique perspective on how marketing can and should work in today's complex media environment.
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
How to Save Marketing From Itself: Ian Lurie and Geoff Livingston Talk LIVE to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Ian Lurie, CEO of Portent Interactive, and Geoff Livingston, author and marketing strategist, offer unique perspectives on how to rescue marketing from itself.
Marketing Challenges: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Apply an Agile Approach to Your Marketingwith Jim EwelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to address two of the most critical tasks in agile marketing. Agile marketing expert Jim Ewel will discuss how to get you into the mind of the customer and understand what they are trying to accomplish—and why.
- MarketingProfs University: High-Performance Marketingwith David NewberryIn this PRO seminar, we'll introduce the principles of agile methodology and lean manufacturing, and explain why these matter not only to manufacturers, but also to knowledge-based functions like marketing. You'll see how these principles can be applied to create a high-performance team. We'll also walk you through practical ways to apply these techniques in a day-to-day working environment.
- Key Digital Trend Currents That Are Shaping Businesswith Steve WoodruffIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn that it's important to look beyond current trends (such as the latest hot platform) to trend currents—those inevitable, inexorable forces that are shaping the world of business and communications.
- The New Business Development Ecosystemwith Mark O'BrienThis PRO seminar will examine the three primary components of the new business development ecosystem: the conversion-focused website, marketing automation, and CRM.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life.with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why it's important to reboot and rebuild your business model now and how you can prepare for and adapt to whatever might come next.
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing Campaignswith Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- Solutions to 10 Confounding Content Marketing Challengeswith Stephanie Tilton, Ann HandleyMany marketers are embracing content as a cornerstone of their marketing efforts. You probably are, too. In this PRO seminar, we'll answer your toughest content marketing questions.
- Six Steps to Creative Problem Solvingwith Alicia ArnoldIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn techniques for generating more quality ideas in a shorter amount of time and how to use creative thinking to tackle your organization's toughest challenges by leveraging the scientifically proven, globally tested, six-step Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving process (CPS).
- Learn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- 8 Triggers that Turn Customer Distraction into Tractionwith Adrian OttLearn how to manage customer time to your advantage with the eight key triggers that drive customer time and attention.
Marketing Challenges: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
Marketing Challenges: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Four Requisites for Agile Marketing SuccessIn this 36-page guide, we'll run through four requisites for agile marketing success—the right attitude, the voice of the customer, "flow-jo" (flow mojo), and teamwork—along with a myriad of tips for putting it all into motion.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- How to Build an Outstanding Marketing Team: A Seven-Step 'People ... by Charlotte W.
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and ... by Rahul Varshneya
- Five Interactive-Content Tools to Engage Your Audience and ... by Lilach Bullock
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B ... by Tom Cunniff, Mike Cucka
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying ... by Nicolas Dessaigne