An engaging content strategy has been an essential part of many a successful marketing campaign in recent years. However, only 30% of marketers say their content marketing efforts are effective.
Luckily, there are now thousands of industry leaders out there who share their expertise online. They work hard to cultivate relationships and maintain their position as an authority within the industry, and connecting with them can help your brand tap into the power of influencer marketing—an outreach strategy that goes hand-in-hand with content marketing.
Partnering with influencers helps get your message in front of a much larger audience and drive conversions, as well as help accelerate buyers' decisions.
Moreover, taking a closer look at what key influencers are sharing can help you remain competitive, especially if they're your fellow marketers.
Fractl (my employer) recently created a list of 21 marketing influencers based on a combination of follower count, regular Twitter usage, and a percentage of marketing-focused tweets. Using BuzzSumo, we analyzed the most recent 100 links each of these marketers shared on Twitter over a two-day period (excluding links to his or her own site) to get a better understanding of what they're talking about and what sites they're visiting to discover best-practices.
Here are four takeaways from that analysis; use them to elevate your content strategy and amplify your outreach efforts.
1. Subscribe to niche sites: These publishers are regularly promoting content that provide best-practices
Although a lot of the most-shared sites were household names—including Inc., Entrepreneur, and Forbes—most marketing influencers recognize the value of learning from their colleagues and so they turn to industry-specific sites to get inspired and fuel their marketing-related tweets. Moz, Content Marketing Institute, and Convince & Convert all earned spots on the top 10 most-shared list.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Top 10 Video Trends [Infographic]
- Six Tips to Ensure Your B2B Content Marketing Efforts Are Not Wasted
- Why You Need to Produce Original Research: B2B Marketing Forum Speaker Clare McDermott on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 7 Deadly Sins of B2B Content: GoToWebinar's Daniel Waas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Less-Popular Content Marketing Tactics That Still Generate Traffic, Links, and Social Shares