An engaging content strategy has been an essential part of many a successful marketing campaign in recent years. However, only 30% of marketers say their content marketing efforts are effective.
Luckily, there are now thousands of industry leaders out there who share their expertise online. They work hard to cultivate relationships and maintain their position as an authority within the industry, and connecting with them can help your brand tap into the power of influencer marketing—an outreach strategy that goes hand-in-hand with content marketing.
Partnering with influencers helps get your message in front of a much larger audience and drive conversions, as well as help accelerate buyers' decisions.
Moreover, taking a closer look at what key influencers are sharing can help you remain competitive, especially if they're your fellow marketers.
Fractl (my employer) recently created a list of 21 marketing influencers based on a combination of follower count, regular Twitter usage, and a percentage of marketing-focused tweets. Using BuzzSumo, we analyzed the most recent 100 links each of these marketers shared on Twitter over a two-day period (excluding links to his or her own site) to get a better understanding of what they're talking about and what sites they're visiting to discover best-practices.
Here are four takeaways from that analysis; use them to elevate your content strategy and amplify your outreach efforts.
1. Subscribe to niche sites: These publishers are regularly promoting content that provide best-practices
Although a lot of the most-shared sites were household names—including Inc., Entrepreneur, and Forbes—most marketing influencers recognize the value of learning from their colleagues and so they turn to industry-specific sites to get inspired and fuel their marketing-related tweets. Moz, Content Marketing Institute, and Convince & Convert all earned spots on the top 10 most-shared list.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Use Storytelling to Transform Your B2B Content Marketing: Bobby Lehew on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Why a Picture Really Is Worth a Thousand Words According to Neuroscience
- How to Create a Content Strategy for COVID-19 (or Other Crises) in Five Steps
- Eight Talking Points to Justify Your Content Budget During COVID-19 [Infographic]
- Eight Ways Your Content Marketing Might Be Sabotaging Your SEO