The report was based on data from a survey of 30 marketers working at content agencies. Respondents were asked to answer a 14-question poll that explored topics such as the cost of services and the reach of campaigns.
Some 41% of respondents say their agency produces fewer than five campaigns per month for each client, on average; 25% produce 5-9 campaigns per month, on average.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 35% of respondents say articles are one of the three content types ordered most frequently by clients.
- 24% say infographics are one of the three most requested content types.
- 70% of respondents say their content agency tends to work on a monthly retainer pricing structure; 15% work on a pay-per project structure; 8%, pay-per-hour; 7%, pay-per-word.
- 35% of respondents' monthly retainers are between $1,000 and $5,000, on average; 24% are between $5,000 and $10,000.
- 20% of respondents say clients measure content marketing success by the number of leads generated.
- 14% measure success by the number of high-quality links generated.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 30 content marketing agencies.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies: Bob Wiesner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Eight Approaches for Coming Up With Great Infographic Ideas [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Avoid the Bane of Boring Content
- How to Level-Up Your Content Marketing With a Topic-Cluster Plan
- Small Business Content Marketing Trends for 2022
- 16 Tips for Becoming a Better Content Writer [Infographic]