The report was based on data from a survey of 30 marketers working at content agencies. Respondents were asked to answer a 14-question poll that explored topics such as the cost of services and the reach of campaigns.
Some 41% of respondents say their agency produces fewer than five campaigns per month for each client, on average; 25% produce 5-9 campaigns per month, on average.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 35% of respondents say articles are one of the three content types ordered most frequently by clients.
- 24% say infographics are one of the three most requested content types.
- 70% of respondents say their content agency tends to work on a monthly retainer pricing structure; 15% work on a pay-per project structure; 8%, pay-per-hour; 7%, pay-per-word.
- 35% of respondents' monthly retainers are between $1,000 and $5,000, on average; 24% are between $5,000 and $10,000.
- 20% of respondents say clients measure content marketing success by the number of leads generated.
- 14% measure success by the number of high-quality links generated.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 30 content marketing agencies.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Serious Content Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Your First New Content Marketing Tool for 2023 Should Be Your Sales Team
- Marketing at the Speed of Thought: AI Use Cases for Four Content Types
- How to Create a B2B Marketing Podcast in 2023—And Why You Should
- A Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content: Ann Handley on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]