Contact: Mike O'Malley, Director External Marketing
Location: Naperville, Ill.
Industry: Telecommunications, B2B
Annual revenue: $464,000,000
Number of employees: 3000
Naperville, Illinois-based Tellabs provides telecommunications solutions to telecom service providers, enabling them to deliver voice, video, and data services over wireline and wireless networks.
The firm wanted to cut through the "line chatter" in the highly competitive telecom industry and change its traditional image. Accordingly, in April 2007 Tellabs launched its "Get Schooled" video-podcast series on its Inspire The New Life Web site.
Intended to provide customers and industry personnel the latest information on Tellabs in a creative way, and in the process enhance its credibility with customers, the series took four months to create.
Tellabs also wanted to showcase the depth and breadth of its offerings and raise its thought leadership profile in the industry.
"Get Schooled" did that and more, generating tens of thousands of views, landing a coveted interview with the head of telecom research for Reuters, and garnering a MarCom Platinum Creative Award in 2008.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]