Contact: Mike O'Malley, Director External Marketing
Location: Naperville, Ill.
Industry: Telecommunications, B2B
Annual revenue: $464,000,000
Number of employees: 3000
Naperville, Illinois-based Tellabs provides telecommunications solutions to telecom service providers, enabling them to deliver voice, video, and data services over wireline and wireless networks.
The firm wanted to cut through the "line chatter" in the highly competitive telecom industry and change its traditional image. Accordingly, in April 2007 Tellabs launched its "Get Schooled" video-podcast series on its Inspire The New Life Web site.
Intended to provide customers and industry personnel the latest information on Tellabs in a creative way, and in the process enhance its credibility with customers, the series took four months to create.
Tellabs also wanted to showcase the depth and breadth of its offerings and raise its thought leadership profile in the industry.
"Get Schooled" did that and more, generating tens of thousands of views, landing a coveted interview with the head of telecom research for Reuters, and garnering a MarCom Platinum Creative Award in 2008.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]