Small business decision-makers who use social media say they do so because of the convenience and speed with which they can access business-relevant information, according to a study by Business.com. In addition, those leaders who rely on social media for business purposes use on average 5.9 different social media resources.
The study found that among small business decision-makers who use social media for business information:
- 67% access webinar or podcast information.
- 63% use ratings and reviews of business products and services.
- 61% visit company profile pages on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Below, additional study findings issued by Business.com.
Top Social Media Resources by Industry
Among small-business leaders in the 12 industries surveyed, the use of social media to find business information varies considerably, with leaders from the following three industries using a significantly greater number of social media sites:
- Internet & Online: 8.5 sites
- Advertising & Marketing: 8.3 sites
- Computers & Software: 7.0 sites
In contrast, small business leaders from the industries below use the fewest number of social media sites:
- Healthcare: 5.3 sites
- Retail: 5.2 sites
- Legal: 4.8 sites