Although they spend millions of dollars on paid search, Fortune 500 companies are largely invisible in natural search: Collectively, the Fortune 500 spent an average $3.4 million per day on 97,559 keywords during the fourth quarter of 2009, yet only for 25% of those keywords Fortune 500 companies rank in the top 50 of natural search results, according to research from Conductor.
Still, the finding is an improvement from the same period last year, when the group ranked in the natural-search top 50 for just 17% of their primary paid keywords.
Below, other findings from the study Natural Search Trends of the Fortune 500: Q4/2009.
Search Visibility Scores Among Fortune 500 Companies
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts