Social media advertising revenues are forecast to reach $8.3 billion in 2015, up from an estimated $2.1 billion in 2010—a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.6%, according to BIA/Kelsey's US Local Media Annual Forecast.
Display, which dominates social media advertising* is projected to climb from $2.1 billion in 2010 to $7.7 billion in 2015—a CAGR of 30.4%.
Though revenues for non-display ad formats, such as Twitter's "promoted products," are now minimal, the category is expected to expand, from zero in 2010, to $600 million in 2015, at a 65% CAGR.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media