That makes social media the top online category in the US, followed by online gaming (9.8%), email (7.6%), portals (4.5%), search (4.0%), and instant messaging (3.3%).
The "Other" online category, comprising 75 sub-categories—such as viewing adult content online, visiting retail websites, and reading about various subjects (e.g., sports and health) online—accounts for 35.1% of time spent online.
Below, additional findings from the State of the Media: The Social Media Report, Q3 2011, by Nielsen NM Incite.
Facebook Top Social Platform
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)