Websites that display Twitter sharing buttons are linked to on Twitter nearly seven times more often than sites that do not display tweet buttons, according to a study by BrightEdge of some 4 million randomly sampled Twitter messages in August 2011.
Among the 10,000 largest websites, those that feature Twitter share buttons were, on average, mentioned in 27 tweets that contained a link back to the site, whereas those not featuring tweet buttons were mentioned on average in four tweets that contained a link back to the site.
Below, additional findings from the September issue of the BrightEdge SocialShare Analysis.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead
- The Work Life of a Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?