Websites that display Twitter sharing buttons are linked to on Twitter nearly seven times more often than sites that do not display tweet buttons, according to a study by BrightEdge of some 4 million randomly sampled Twitter messages in August 2011.
Among the 10,000 largest websites, those that feature Twitter share buttons were, on average, mentioned in 27 tweets that contained a link back to the site, whereas those not featuring tweet buttons were mentioned on average in four tweets that contained a link back to the site.
Below, additional findings from the September issue of the BrightEdge SocialShare Analysis.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]
- The Top Influencers on Pinterest [Infographic]
- Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]