Websites that display Twitter sharing buttons are linked to on Twitter nearly seven times more often than sites that do not display tweet buttons, according to a study by BrightEdge of some 4 million randomly sampled Twitter messages in August 2011.
Among the 10,000 largest websites, those that feature Twitter share buttons were, on average, mentioned in 27 tweets that contained a link back to the site, whereas those not featuring tweet buttons were mentioned on average in four tweets that contained a link back to the site.
Below, additional findings from the September issue of the BrightEdge SocialShare Analysis.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement
- The Paid Social Platforms Marketers Plan to Invest In
- How (and Why) to Humanize Your Brand: Author Carlos Gil on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Employee Advocacy Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Social Media Visibility Has a Price: 7 Things You Must Do