B2B marketers are moving away from traditional marketing tactics toward online content marketing: 82% now use content marketing in their programs, making it more popular than search marketing (70%), events (68%), and public relations (64%), according to a report by HiveFire.
Among surveyed B2B marketers, content marketing is more than two times more popular than advertising (print, TV, or radio) (32%).
Below, additional findings from HiveFire's B2B Marketing Trends 2011 Report based on a survey of 365 B2B marketers.
Objectives With Content Marketing
Among B2B marketers, the top two objectives of content marketing programs are engaging customers and prospects (82%) and driving sales (55%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your Guide to Video Marketing: Crack the Video Code [Infographic]
- The Worst SEO Mistake You Can Make: Ignoring Content Distribution
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]