Consumers worldwide are demanding a higher level of social responsibility from the companies they engage with, and most are using the power of the purse to press those demands, according to a study by Cone Communications.
Among surveyed consumers worldwide, 81% say brands have a responsibility to address key social and environmental issues beyond their local communities:
- 31% say companies should change the way they operate to align with greater social and environmental needs.
- 30% say companies should support larger issues with donations and time, and use their corporate muscle to advocate for change.
- 20% say companies should support larger issues with donations and time.
Only 19% of consumers say companies should have a limited (13%) or no role (6%) in the communities they serve.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Achieve Cultural Velocity (And Why You Need to): Jonah Berger and Stefan Burford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Secrets to Finding the Perfect Name for Your Brand: Jeremy Miller of 'Sticky Branding' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands
- Nine Criteria for an Ironclad Brand Strategy: Lindsay Pedersen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Brand Marketing vs. Performance Marketing: Finding the Right Balance