More than four in five marketing executives (82%) say they expect campaigns to be measured, yet few can effectively evaluate the ROI of key channels such as public relations (18%), search engine optimization (SEO) (24%), and social media (26%), according to a survey from Ifbyphone.
Marketers' capabilities in measuring ROI vary across marketing channels, but overall they have been most successful at measuring email (47%) and direct marketing (41%) campaigns.
Below, additional findings from Ifbyphone's State of Marketing Measurement survey.
When pressed to select the most difficult type of campaign to track, more than one-half of marketers cite offline channels such as public relations (33%) and print ads (27%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Forget ROAS, It's All About ROMI Now
- A Better Way to Gauge Sales Lift: Closed-Loop Measurement
- What You Need to Know About GDPR and Data Privacy: Lisa Loftis of SAS Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Metrics That Matter to the Bottom Line
- How Content Intelligence Can Empower Your Business [Infographic]