SEO: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
SEO Professionals' Biggest Issues With Google My BusinessAyaz NanjiSearch engine optimization professionals say their biggest pain point with Google My Business is dealing with fake reviews, according to recent research from BrightLocal.
The 100 Most Popular Keywords on Google Search [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWhich keywords do people in the United States search for most on Google? To find out, Siege Media used the Ahrefs platform to examine the top queried terms in the ...
The Correlation Between Mobile Page Speed and Search RankingsAyaz NanjiThere is a significant correlation between fast mobile page load times and ranking toward the top of Google's mobile search engine results pages, according to recent research from Searchmetrics.
Facebook vs. Google: AdRank Auction Factors [Infographic]Laura ForerWhich advertising platform is best for your business? Check out how both Google AdWords and Facebook Ads work to get yourself ready to make some bids.
SEO Pricing: How Much Agencies and Freelancers ChargeAyaz NanjiMost search engine optimization (SEO) agencies and specialists charge a monthly retainer for some or all of their services, according to recent research from Ahrefs.
72 Voice-Search Stats, Facts, and Tips [Infographic]Laura ForerAs personal assistants and home devices become more popular, SEO marketers need to optimize search results for voice queries as well. Here are some stats and tips to get you ...
Why Most Content Gets No Traffic From Google SearchAyaz NanjiSome 91% of online content receives no organic traffic from Google search, according to recent research from Ahrefs.
The Future of Link-Building: Linkless Mentions for SEOAleh BarysevichFor SEO, mentions of your brand that don't include a link back to your site are becoming just as important as linked mentions. Here are five steps for managing linkless ...
Five Ways to Use Social for SEO and Vice VersaCarolyn LydenSocial media and SEO are often viewed as mutually exclusive marketing practices. But that's not so. Here are five ways that SEO marketers and social media managers can work together.
Increase Website Traffic Without Improving Search Rank: A Guide to CTR-Testing for Title Tags and Meta DescriptionsMichael HayesUsing conversion rate optimization techniques in clickthrough-rate testing of title tags and meta descriptions can increase Web traffic (without dealing with search rank).
SEO: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Voice, AI, and the Future of Search: SEO Expert Jeremiah Smith of SimpleTiger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSEO expert Jeremiah Smith of online marketing agency SimpleTiger discusses voice, AI, and other developments in search engine marketing, and shares tips for maximizing traffic and conversions.
Hacks That Make Your Content Sticky Like Duct Tape: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, speaker, and author John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing shares tips, tricks, and insights for better content marketing, and discusses his latest book, SEO for Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
Put the Audience First: Sonia Simone of Copyblogger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Search engine robots—the last time I checked—do not have credit cards to buy your product," says Sonia Simone of Copyblogger Media. Which is why, she adds, "It makes more sense for us to look at SEO as a function of ...
A Holistic Approach to Content and SEO Strategy: Lee Odden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does it mean to have a holistic approach to content marketing and SEO? Since that's precisely what Lee Odden calls for in his new book, that's exactly what I asked him in this episode of Marketing Smarts.
SEO: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Naked Mole Rats, Fluffy Hamsters, and the Universal Algorithmwith Ian LurieIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to target the human algorithm in online marketing—otherwise known as our "distance from perfect." You'll learn how to stop chasing elusive goals, and instead focus on the more predictable, reliable needs of humans operating online. You'll come away with the tools to respond to big algorithm changes that don't rely on guesswork.
- How to Use Media Relations to Drive SEOwith Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use content and traditional media relations to get on the first page of Google results for your priority keywords. We'll also share how to build brand awareness and increase your domain authority, as well as what to include in your content map to continuously generate new ideas.
- Social Media and SEO: Tips for Successful Integrationwith Cynthia JohnsonDuring this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to integrate social media into your digital marketing efforts and make it work for your SEO strategy. You'll learn which KPIs you should focus on the most and tactics to track and measure your efforts. We'll also discuss the important factors to take into account when applying these principles to mobile.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts Searchwith Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- In this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- In this PRO seminar, we'll open the door to the treasure trove of information available to you within Google Analytics. You'll walk away with several actionable tips you can use to measure and improve your search and social campaigns.
- This PRO seminar will explore how a fresh approach to search engine optimization can stop you worrying about search engine updates for good.
- In this PRO seminar, you'll discover a brief history of the SEO industry's past few years, followed by a thorough walk-through of the industry's most effective strategies.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business Strategywith Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- Not Your Father's B2B: Building Business in Today's New World of Marketingwith B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this free sneak peek for MarketingProfs' B2B Forum 2012 and uncover the latest techniques and coolest concepts that work for real companies like yours. Featuring conference speakers Michael Brenner, Veronica Fielding, Nedra Sadorf, and Roberta Rosenberg.
SEO: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile With KeywordsReleased on 6/3/2016 with Cindy HagemannIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to drive traffic to your profile with one of LinkedIn's best kept secrets—search engine optimization (SEO). We'll share how to add keywords to certain sections of your LinkedIn profile to increase visitors (improving your opportunities for employment), improve networking capabilities, or simply connect to the right people. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the power of keywords and how to use them to get better visibility on LinkedIn.
- Take 10: Get the Most Out of Your Mobile SEO StrategyReleased on 5/20/2016 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through the most recent—and upcoming—changes that will transform search and enable you to reach and win new customers. You'll walk away with actionable steps to get your site found by your customers on their phones and tablets.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: What Does SEO Look Like Today?Released on 2/5/2016 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you what really matters to search engines today. You'll gain tips to build better search engine visibility with techniques you can implement right away. We'll also cover the importance of good content and context, how to apply social signals, and simple on-site optimization to improve your rankings.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: How to Expand Your Reach and Grow Your Business with Local SEOReleased on 6/6/2014 with Stoney deGeyterIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to increase your visibility in local search results, and how to use positive online reviews to boost your SEO ranking.
- Take 10: Six SEO Tips to Make Your Content ShineReleased on 9/27/2013 with Lisa GerberIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the principles of SEO and six tactics for optimizing your content so that your customers (and prospective customers) can find you easily online.
- Take 10: Six Quick Tips for Writing SEO-Friendly ContentReleased on 10/14/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, you will get the low-down on writing copy that is keyword-rich but never boring or forced.
- Take 10: How to Put Your Business on the Map With Google PlacesReleased on 4/22/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller explains how to get your brick and mortar location into Google Places so that your business shows up the way you want it to in Google Web search results, mobile search results, and Google Maps.
SEO: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Serious Marketer's Guide to Creating a Website That WorksThis 51-page guide is dedicated to exploring what it takes to develop and operate a website that works for your company. Whether you're building a website from scratch or optimizing an existing one, approach the project with the mindset of strategy first, execution second. Your planning process should be purposeful and thorough.
- SEO for Content Marketers: How to Push Your Content to the TopIn this 23-page guide, we cover five steps for optimizing your content and making Google (and the other search engines) happy so that she'll share your content with the right folks and send those prospects your way.
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Shopper's Handbook on Search Marketing FirmsThis is the go-to guide for all your Search Engine Optimization needs. Get a first-rate overview of all things related to how search engines fit into your marketing plan. This guide even tells you how to decide if you should not outsource your search engine optimization. But the best thing about this handbook is a comprehensive list of questions you should ask any potential SEO vendor, and tips as to what to look for in the answers. Very helpful. 45 pages.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- How to Build an Outstanding Marketing Team: A Seven-Step 'People ... by Charlotte W.
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and ... by Rahul Varshneya
- Five Interactive-Content Tools to Engage Your Audience and ... by Lilach Bullock
- Reaching and Persuading Buyers at a Time of Crisis: What B2B ... by Tom Cunniff, Mike Cucka
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying ... by Nicolas Dessaigne