Public Relations: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Guest-Posting Mistakes to Avoid If You Want to Get PublishedKelsey RaymondEditors are the guest-article gatekeepers at your audience's favorite online publications. If guest posting is part of your content marketing strategy, take a look at what they have to say ...
Marketers Should Know: How Influencers Generate Revenue [Infographic]Laura ForerBrands can partner with influencers in a variety of ways. A study reveals the 15 most common methods—and the ones among them that influencers find most successful.
Why Editors Reject Guest-Content Pitches From BrandsAyaz NanjiEditors of online publications say the top 2 reasons they reject guest or contributed content from brands are that the pieces are too promotional and the pieces are not a ...
The Most and Least Important PR and Corporate Communications Tactics and TrendsAyaz NanjiCorporate communications and public relations professionals say engaging in better storytelling is the tactic/trend that will matter most over the next year, according to recent research from Sword and the ...
What Brexit Teaches Us About Crafting Marketing Campaigns That Compel ActionAlex MoscowWhat can marketers learn from the techniques that Brexit supporters used to convince a majority of the population to vote for what's been called "the stupidest thing any country has ...
The State of PR Jobs: Hiring and Salary TrendsAyaz NanjiThe number of people employed as public relations specialists and managers in the United States has steadily risen over the past few years, according to recent research from PR Underground.
If It Can Happen to Crock-Pot, It Can Happen to You: Four Steps to Make Your Brand Crisis-ReadyAnn HandleyPrior to last week, Crock-Pot wasn't even on Twitter—because, honestly, who wants to talk to Crock-Pot? Yet, a week later, the hastily assembled @CrockPotCares Twitter feed was still defending itself ...
How to Maintain Brand Authenticity in Today's Politically Polarized ClimateBrandon LewisTo pick a side or not to pick a side? That is the question plaguing many brands in today's politically polarized environment. Pick a side, and you risk potentially losing ...
The Future of Marketing: Five Marketing Megatrends for 2018Mathew SweezeyWe are in the next great Golden Era of marketing, and with this new era comes an entirely new set of possibilities—along with commensurate customer demands. Here are five megatrends ...
The Right Words at the Right Time in the Right Place: Three Platforms to Publish Your Content OnLaurie DavisArticles are a fundamental tool in your content marketing toolbox. Here are three places your articles can find a home, each of which serves a different purpose and offers unique ...
Public Relations: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Don't Wait, Get Your Brand 'Crisis-Ready' Now: Melissa Agnes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCrisis management master Melissa Agnes offers a sneak preview of her MarketingProfs virtual conference presentation, Crisis Ready: A Strategy for Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World.
PR Measurement Is All About Outputs, Outtakes, and Outcomes: Shonali Burke on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePublic relations and social media expert Shonali Burke shares tips for PR measurement and effective influencer marketing.
How 'Dolphin Tale' Brought 800,000 Visitors a Year to Clearwater Marine Aquarium: CMO Bill Potts on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneHow can you use stories to garner support for a cause or organization? Here's a story that inspired the movie Dolphin Tale and saved Clearwater Marine Aquarium from financial disaster, as told by its CMO, Bill Potts.
Data Saves the Day: SurveyMonkey's Chuck Brinker on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChuck Brinker, director of research solutions at SurveyMonkey, shares crisis communication tips for brands and explains data's role—before, during, and after a crisis—in helping your company come out on top.
Marketing, PR, Social, Advertising Are All Intertwined: Geoff Livingston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor, strategist, and MarketingProfs Marketing Writing Bootcamp instructor Geoff Livingston discusses marketing strategy, customer experience, content, PR, and more.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
The Trouble With Half-Truths: 'Spin Sucks' Author Gini Dietrich Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNoted communication professional, speaker, and "Spin Sucks" author Gini Dietrich explains how lying or "spinning" damages brands in the long run, and how to take an ethical approach to PR that drives positive business results.
Newsjacking, Real-Time Marketing, and the NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR: David Meerman Scott Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneA perennial favorite of marketers and marketing instructors alike, The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott has sold 300,000 English-language copies over four editions. David discusses what's changed in marketing since the last edition, and how ...
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Public Relations: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- A PR Primer for Marketers: Five Steps to Bigger Buzzwith Katelyn HolbrookIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn about five simple, yet effective, ways to drive positive media coverage, establish thought leadership, and build brand buzz. You'll get practical advice on how to deploy public relations tactics in your organization and see real-world case studies that demonstrate how other brands have succeeded with PR.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing Successwith Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- The NEW New Rules of Marketing and PR for 2013with David Meerman ScottDavid Meerman Scott, author of the internationally best-selling book, The New Rules of Marketing & PR, will share what's NEW with the New Rules in this PRO seminar.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for Successwith Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- B2B Social Media Power Hourwith David B. Thomas, Nichole Kelly, Tim WasherJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of SocialTech '12 and learn how to strengthen your customer relationships and increase revenues though social media marketing.
- Is Your Company Ready to Respond to a Social Media Crisis?with Jeremiah OwyangJoin us as analyst and thought leader Jeremiah Owyang presents his latest research with MarketingProfs detailing how companies plan for social business crises.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen Marketerswith Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Is Social Media killing PR? Yes, if you're ignoring the communities that influence what people say about your brand.
- What Matters Now in Branding: Ten Ideas to Get Refocusedwith Jonathan Salem BaskinIs everything you learned about branding in B-school still relevant? Give Jonathan Salem Baskin 90 minutes this Thursday, and he just might change your mind!
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation Machinewith Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
Public Relations: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: DIY Public Relations in 15 Minutes a DayReleased on 7/8/2016 with Tom GimbelIn just 10 minutes, we'll share actionable public relations tactics to grow your brand. We'll teach you how to identify reporters and outlets that cover your area of expertise, along with how to introduce and position your company or spokesperson as the go-to source for reporters. You leave with tools and resources to secure media coverage—without relying on outside help.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Make Sure Your Press Release Gets NoticedReleased on 9/18/2015 with Nash RigginsIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through three simple steps to ensure your press releases make it to print. You'll learn how to craft a newsworthy angle, adhere to universal journalistic guidelines, and give editors just the right amount of spice to help your press release stand out from the rest.
- Take 10: How to Create an Emotional Connection with a CustomerReleased on 5/9/2014 with Christine M. BarneyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three easy steps to determine the type of brand you are, build your brand's reputation, and tune in to your customers' needs. Armed with this knowledge, you'll guarantee the customer experience matches the brand promise and turn fence-sitters into evangelists.
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: How to Deal With Negative Comments on FacebookReleased on 8/19/2011 with Paul ChaneyDuring this 10-minute tactical webcast, you'll learn how to manage comments from your Facebook Page's admin panel, filter out certain words or phrases, and set permissions on what fans can and cannot post.
- Take 10: How to Create Your Own Online Press RoomReleased on 5/6/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller gives you the skinny on how to create an online press room that generates publicity and new business. Learn what to include, how to promote it, and give investors and the press easy access to the news they're looking for.
Public Relations: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Sales & Marketing Alignment - Apr. 2005Need a little help getting your marketing efforts in sync with your sales efforts? Look no further. A 2005 study of MarketingProfs members worldwide found that companies that successfully aligned sales with marketing perform better in many sales measures than their “unaligned” competition. Aligned companies enjoyed 5.4% faster growth, 38% more proposals closed, 36% fewer customers lost, and 40% more new business coming from marketing leads than unaligned firms. Read the complete analysis and take advantage of the recommendations from this exhaustive report.
- Sales and Marketing AlignmentIn January 2005, MathMarketing and MarketingProfs obtained the views of marketing professionals from around the world about the alignment between Sales and Marketing. With 1390 detailed responses from businesses headquartered in 84 countries, we have a solid base of considered opinion. 32% of businesses see the alignment between Sales and Marketing as a ‘top three’ priority for the year ahead. This report has been prepared to shed light on why, and what these businesses are doing about it.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- Product Management
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the ... by Lexi Sydow
- How Retailers Should Approach AI and Big Data During Holiday ... by Dean Abbott
- How Small Businesses Can Hit a Home Run This Holiday Shopping ... by Maria Melo
- Goodbye Funnel, Hello Flywheel: How to Build the New Customer ... by Christi Olson
- The Formula for a Can't-Fail Message Strategy (And Why ... by Lawson Abinanti