In the search-term category, Facebook took top honors for the third consecutive year, accounting for 3.10% of all searches conducted in the US, up 46% from 2010.
Below, other findings from Experian Hitwise.
Among key findings related to the top 10 most-searched terms of 2011:
- Four variations of the term "facebook" were among the top 10 terms during the year, accounting for 4.42% of searches overall, up 24% from 2010.
- "Youtube" moved up to the No. 2 spot in 2011, from No. 3 in the previous year.
- "Facebook login" was the third most-searched term, followed by "craigslist" and "facebook.com."
- "Facebook.com" moved up one spot in 2011 to rank among the top five search terms.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Perform a Content Audit That Skyrockets Your Organic Traffic
- Three Actionable SEO Techniques to Improve Your Website Right Now
- 10 Recurring SEO Health Checks You Need to Be Doing
- Google Search Algorithm Updates: 2018 [Infographic]
- How to Optimize Your Site for Voice Search: A Comprehensive Guide [Infographic]