Websites: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]Laura ForerUnravel the mobile marketing mystery with plenty of ideas for how to use mobile to boost consumer engagement and drive more conversions.
The Staggering Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiEach minute of the day, users of the Internet watch 4.3 million YouTube videos and conduct 3.9 million Google searches, on average, according to recent research from Domo.
The Top Sites Driving Referral Traffic, by Content CategoryAyaz NanjiGoogle and Facebook dominate referral traffic to all types of online content, but the proportion of visits driven by each varies significantly by topic, according to recent research from Parse.ly.
10 Overlooked B2B Optimization Opportunities to Boost Your WebsiteIris ShoorYou've been testing CTAs and landing pages, but now what? Here are 10 lesser-known—but highly effective—tactics you can use to increase website conversions.
The 5Ws of Experience-Driven Commerce [Infographic]Laura ForerOnly 17% of first-time website visitors are there primarily to shop, says a recent study, so brands need to make sure website experiences are memorable enough to bring visitors back.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Using Excel to Disavow Poor-Quality Referring Domains and Boost Your Search RankMartin BenesBacklinks to your site are usually helpful—until they're not and they start to damage your search results. Here's how to disavow damaging backlinks by using Excel and other easily accessible ...
What Converts? Web Landing Page Benchmarks and Trends [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiWebsite landing pages that contain a single call to action (CTA) garner a higher average conversion rate than those with more than one CTA, according to recent research from Unbounce.
Are You Guilty of Stealing Images? How to Avoid Breaking Copyright Law [Infographic]Laura ForerFinding images online can be so easy—but using those images for marketing can also be illegal. Check out the infographic to see how to source your images ethically and legally.
Why Consumers Leave E-Commerce Sites and Apps Without PurchasingAyaz NanjiHigh shipping cost is the top reason consumers abandon e-commerce sites and apps without purchasing, according to recent research from Episerver.
The 15 Most Visited Web Properties by US ConsumersAyaz NanjiWeb properties owned by Google were the most visited by consumers in the United States last month, according to recent research from comScore.
Websites: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Backlinks, Hiring Tips, and Building a Business Overseas: Kris Reid on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSearch engine optimization expert Kris Reid shares tips for optimizing content and unconventional approaches for hiring talent. He also discusses how (and why) to build a business overseas.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
Going Bananas for Minions and Mobile: FunMobility CEO Adam Lavine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAdam Lavine, CEO of mobile-first marketing agency FunMobility, shares insights from the firm's award-winning interactive campaign for Chiquita Bananas featuring gamification and character tie-ins from the motion picture Minions.
How to Build an Award-Winning Blog in Just Six Months: Ian Cleary of RazorSocial Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIan Cleary discusses how he started the social media and technology blog RazorSocial.com, and the tools and tactics he used to turn RazorSocial into one of the "Top 10 Social Media Blogs of 2013" in just six months.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Satire, Politics, and Marketing Fake News: Baratunde Thurston on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantStand-up comic, author of How to Be Black, and former director of digital at The Onion, Baratunde Thurston has a lethal sense of humor—and an uncanny ability to meld business sense and humor to both build an online audience and ...
The Rise of the Savvy Auntie: Melanie Notkin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts, Melanie Notkin, founder of SavvyAuntie.com, discusses an important niche market neglected by marketers—women without children of their own, but with children in their lives.
Websites: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Advanced Google Analytics: Tricks for Goals, Events, and Tracking Codeswith Andy CrestodinaIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to add and manage your marketing tags with Google Tag Manager without getting all technical and digging into code. You'll discover how to gain insight into the source and behavior of your visitors so you can understand their needs to give them a better experience.
- How to Harness User Experience as Your Secret Marketing Weaponwith Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn how to identify your customer's current online experience and how you can make it unforgettably delightful. You'll leave with tools and tips to ensure every interaction your customer has is so positive that they can't wait to return.
- Fix Your Funnel: 15 Things to Remove From Your Site Immediatelywith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why you need to run (not walk) to your content management system and make immediate changes for the good of your lead funnel. You'll discover what you should add or remove from your site—to fix the top, middle, and bottom of your funnel—so you can increase traffic ASAP!
- Why 'Always Be Testing' Is Wrong for Your Businesswith Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss why the 'test everything' mentality is wrong and potentially dangerous for your company. We'll share why split testing, one of the most used CRO tools, is not the be-all end-all of optimization, and cover when it's appropriate to test and when it's not. You'll leave with best practices you can leverage and apply to your campaigns and landing pages.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing Pagewith Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- MarketingProfs University: SEO—How Customer Experience Impacts Searchwith Casie GilletteIn this PRO seminar and kickoff class of MarketingProfs University's Search Marketing School, we'll cover the most important elements and key changes in customer search behavior as well as how to drive conversations through SEO, content, and social media.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website Redesignwith Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web Marketingwith Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website Conversionswith Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing Pagewith Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
Websites: Tutorials - tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Improve Website Effectiveness With an Optimized Contact PageReleased on 10/7/2016 with Krista MillerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a contact page that will grow your business. We'll show you how to optimize your page's content and layout to ensure your visitors feel comfortable reaching out to learn more about your business. You'll leave with tips you can put into action right away to increase your contact page's effectiveness.
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Nine Things to Remove From Your WebsiteReleased on 3/11/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn just 10 minutes, we'll ask the tough questions about your website content including: do you really want people to click that? And does it even work as website content? From press releases and email links, to PDFs and cat videos, we'll show you nine things to remove from your website so you'll want to run (not walk) to your content management system for immediate changes.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Drive New Business With SEOReleased on 11/21/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to shift your SEO strategy from branded to non-branded traffic. We'll share what data you should analyze, and basic improvements you can make to generate new (and more qualified) business opportunities.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
- Take 10: Merchandising Your Home Page to Increase SalesReleased on 7/19/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the three most important things to consider when merchandising your home page that will not only increase conversion, but also increase your average sale.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: How to Monetize Your Website with Google Ad SenseReleased on 1/25/2013 with Chloe SpencerIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover important tips on how to get your site approved by Google.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
Websites: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- The Serious Marketer's Guide to Creating a Website That WorksThis 51-page guide is dedicated to exploring what it takes to develop and operate a website that works for your company. Whether you're building a website from scratch or optimizing an existing one, approach the project with the mindset of strategy first, execution second. Your planning process should be purposeful and thorough.
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- E-Newsletter How-To GuideThe e-newsletter has become ubiquitous. Almost a dime a dozen. How do you make yours not only stand out in the inbox, but make a positive impact on your bottom line? This guide will show you how.
- Paid Search Advertising TemplateIf you're a little intimidated by the prospect of Paid Search Advertising, seriously, join the crowd. Here it is though -- a guiding light through the complex waters of Paid Search Advertising. We assembled a 30-page template to make learning and implementing a successful paid search advertising campaign for your firm as easy as possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Search Engine OptimizationLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey on the best practices in search engine optimization. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.
Search by Topic
- Ad Copy
- B2B Marketing
- Blog Comments
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Awareness
- Brand Equity
- Brand Loyalty
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Career Management
- Case Studies
- Channel Marketing
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Blogging
- Creative Briefs
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Behavior
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Experience
- Customer Insight
- Customer Loyalty
- Customer Relationships
- Customer Retention
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Theory
- Direct Marketing
- Economic Crisis
- Email Campaigns
- Email Deliverability
- Email Lists
- Email Marketing
- Email Service Providers
- Email Subject Lines
- Green Marketing
- High-Tech Marketing
- Hiring Outside Resources
- Hispanic Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- International Marketing
- Job Search
- Landing Pages
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Quality
- Lead Scoring
- Local Marketing
- Market Research
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Budgets
- Marketing Challenges
- Marketing Dashboards
- Marketing Inspiration
- Marketing Operations
- Marketing Plans
- Marketing Smarter
- Marketing Smarts
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Tips
- Mobile Marketing
- New Media
- Online Marketing
- Permission Email Marketing
- Personal Branding
- Positioning Statements
- PPC Campaigns
- Press Kits
- Print Collateral
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing by Aleh Barysevich
- Four Successful Ways to Combine Inbound and Outbound Marketing by Sarah Baier
- Buyers Leave Your Clients. Find Them and Sell to Them Again. by Blake Johnston
- Five Tips for Making Company-Culture Videos That Captivate Your ... by Victor Blasco
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas by Amber Dawson