Across all regions worldwide, Facebook's penetration climbed dramatically over the past five years. Though US and European markets leveled off somewhat in 2011, other regions such as Latin America and the Middle East and Africa continued to attract large numbers of new users during the year, suggesting that although Facebook already reaches one-half of the Internet users worldwide, its audiences are still growing.
Facebook has the highest penetration in Latin America: 84.1% of the region's online population used Facebook as of December, compared with 6.4% who did so in 2007.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]
- Six Lead Generation Tactics to Use in Your Social Media Channels
- How Quickly Should Brands Respond to Consumers on Social Media?
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media