Across all regions worldwide, Facebook's penetration climbed dramatically over the past five years. Though US and European markets leveled off somewhat in 2011, other regions such as Latin America and the Middle East and Africa continued to attract large numbers of new users during the year, suggesting that although Facebook already reaches one-half of the Internet users worldwide, its audiences are still growing.
Facebook has the highest penetration in Latin America: 84.1% of the region's online population used Facebook as of December, compared with 6.4% who did so in 2007.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- Brand Posts on Instagram: Engagement and Frequency Trends