On average, the companies listed on the Fortune Global 100, an index of the largest corporations in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, generate a total of 10,400,132 online mentions per month, mostly via Twitter, according to a report by Burson-Marsteller and Visible Technologies.
During February 2012 (the four-week study period*) each of the Fortune Global 100 companies was mentioned an average of 55,970 times on Twitter. Online forums and blogs also offered social engagement opportunities for the leading global brands, but at far lower levels, generating an average of 19,739 and 19,610 mentions during the month, respectively:
Below, additional findings from the 2012 Burson-Marsteller Global Social Media Check-Up, which examines the social media activity among the Fortune Global 100, including brands such as Ford, Sony, AT&T, Honda, and Walmart.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Instagram Stats Every Marketer Needs to Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- Why People Follow (And Unfollow) Brands on Social Media
- Rate Card: How Much Social Influencers Charge Brands
- How Twitter's Algorithm Works (And How to Make It Work for You) [infographic]
- The Online Platforms With the Greatest Amount of Offensive Content [Infographic]