On average, the companies listed on the Fortune Global 100, an index of the largest corporations in the US, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, generate a total of 10,400,132 online mentions per month, mostly via Twitter, according to a report by Burson-Marsteller and Visible Technologies.
During February 2012 (the four-week study period*) each of the Fortune Global 100 companies was mentioned an average of 55,970 times on Twitter. Online forums and blogs also offered social engagement opportunities for the leading global brands, but at far lower levels, generating an average of 19,739 and 19,610 mentions during the month, respectively:
Below, additional findings from the 2012 Burson-Marsteller Global Social Media Check-Up, which examines the social media activity among the Fortune Global 100, including brands such as Ford, Sony, AT&T, Honda, and Walmart.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement